Can't play new levels.

There is a bug that is going around for game players that no one can play each other's new levels.I posted a level and other people can't see it, and other people posted a level and I cant see it.
So @barb @wempu please fix this. Thanks.

Comments

• There is also a big that when I follow specific people it will automatically unfollow.
  • edited November 22
    This is not a bug, it's a feature.

Yesterday we updated our servers to hide new levels from creator's profile, from level search, and from Friend Levels list until the levels have gotten their initial ratings via Good or Bad (floating domes, matched to random players) or via Team Chat. After the level has completed this crucial "Good or Bad" phase, the level then becomes visible in all of the above-mentioned places. Please note that this can take time: for example currently the queue for Good or Bad levels is 20 hours (the queue length can fluctuate based on how many levels are being created vs how much people are playing "Good or Bad" levels)

This adjustment was done in order to prevent trolls from systematically downvoting levels created by their targets, causing good levels to become blocked by the level distribution system.

You should see the newly published levels in Team Chat, if you are in same Team with the level creator. If you cannot see the levels in Team Chat, please let us know and we will check if there are bugs!

Also, can you provide a little more details regarding the "unfollow bug" you mentioned:

1) Does the button change to unfollowed by itself instantly after you have clicked [Follow]? Or does the game "forget" that you've followed someone, when you visit their profile later?

2) In which state are you clicking the follow button: in player's profile window, or in level completion screen?

Thanks!
  • I think this way is better, to prevent "trickers" who vote their levels with fake accounts and they ever get to the Path. I have to say...I have done it sometimes. But, I haven't done it by more than 5 months, so now I am a legit player!
  • And an unexpected consecuense of this is the improvement of the levels in the good or bad levels, now you can see good levels that used didn't use to appear since they cruised through with their followers.
  • > @Seppo said:
    > This is not a bug, it's a feature.
    >
    > Yesterday we updated our servers to hide new levels from creator's profile, from level search, and from Friend Levels list until the levels have gotten their initial ratings via Good or Bad (floating domes, matched to random players) or via Team Chat. After the level has completed this crucial "Good or Bad" phase, the level then becomes visible in all of the above-mentioned places. Please note that this can take time: for example currently the queue for Good or Bad levels is 20 hours (the queue length can fluctuate based on how many levels are being created vs how much people are playing "Good or Bad" levels)
    >
    > This adjustment was done in order to prevent trolls from systematically downvoting levels created by their targets, causing good levels to become blocked by the level distribution system.
    >
    > You should see the newly published levels in Team Chat, if you are in same Team with the level creator. If you cannot see the levels in Team Chat, please let us know and we will check if there are bugs!
    >
    > Also, can you provide a little more details regarding the "unfollow bug" you mentioned:
    >
    > 1) Does the button change to unfollowed by itself instantly after you have clicked [Follow]? Or does the game "forget" that you've followed someone, when you visit their profile later?
    >
    > 2) In which state are you clicking the follow button: in player's profile window, or in level completion screen?
    >
    > Thanks!

First.Thanks very much @Seppo for telling me the new good or bad level system! Sounds good!

When I press follow it will say I followed the person, after I go off the game and come back on it will automatically unfollow.and It's when I follow someone on their profile, and it only unfollows specific people.
  • edited November 23
    @Seppo you should make a game announcement about this new feature. Most people think it's a bug, and there waiting till after the bug (which there is no after the bug)
    To post there level.
  • Maybe there should be a button to choose if you want to have your level be hidden or not, because right now I want people to see the levels I made!
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • vtvy said:

First.Thanks very much @Seppo for telling me the new good or bad level system! Sounds good!

When I press follow it will say I followed the person, after I go off the game and come back on it will automatically unfollow.and It's when I follow someone on their profile, and it only unfollows specific people.

Thanks for bringing up this topic, so it gets the attention it needs! And thanks for the additional information regarding the follow/unfollow bug, we will take a deeper look into it on our end.
    vtvy said:

@Seppo you should make a game announcement about this new feature. Most people think it's a bug, and there waiting till after the bug (which there is no after the bug)
    To post there level.

Good point, I'll write an in-game announcement today!
  • Maybe there should be a button to choose if you want to have your level be hidden or not, because right now I want people to see the levels I made!

Good suggestion! But for now, let's keep the system as is and study the effects. We are hoping this brings level creators to more equal grounds, whether it's about bullies who intentionally downvote or fake alternative accounts that are used for upvoting own levels.
  • > @Seppo said:
    > First.Thanks very much @Seppo for telling me the new good or bad level system! Sounds good!
    >
    > When I press follow it will say I followed the person, after I go off the game and come back on it will automatically unfollow.and It's when I follow someone on their profile, and it only unfollows specific people.
    >
    > Thanks for bringing up this topic, so it gets the attention it needs! And thanks for the additional information regarding the follow/unfollow bug, we will take a deeper look into it on our end.
    > @Seppo you should make a game announcement about this new feature. Most people think it's a bug, and there waiting till after the bug (which there is no after the bug)
    > To post there level.
    >
    > Good point, I'll write an in-game announcement today!

Thanks;)
  • Wow great idea to prevent unnecessary down voting. But I don't like the idea because team members will still be able to play. So it will not prevent fake likes and bad level will keep coming in adventure path.
  • Sayor said:

Wow great idea to prevent unnecessary down voting. But I don't like the idea because team members will still be able to play. So it will not prevent fake likes and bad level will keep coming in adventure path.

If your teammates are trolls then you have the free ability to leave the team, as well as kick them if you are the team leader

•Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • edited November 27
    >Good point, I'll write an in-game announcement today!

Just got the announcement.hope it will help some people:) Once again thanks for writing it @Seppo!
  • Sayor said:

Wow great idea to prevent unnecessary down voting. But I don't like the idea because team members will still be able to play. So it will not prevent fake likes and bad level will keep coming in adventure path.

Very much true, although the size of a Team is much smaller than the follower base of active level creators. But yes, team mates can still affect the outcome of the rating at the critical time window. However, I'd like to remind that false upvotes are not so big of a damage dealer as false downvotes. A bad new level will eventually get the dislikes it "deserves" and becomes less distributed, whereas falsely downvoted new good level will never get a chance to redeem itself, since its distribution becomes completely cut off (only way to unblock it is to publish it again.)

We can also remove the Team Chat message of new levels, if a need for it rises. We didn't want to remove that chat message for now, since many Teams use it as a tool to test and analyze levels of each other, which will help them spot errors and glitches at an early stage, so a level creator can pull back their published level and make adjustments sooner than later. Of course there could be other methods for players to provide "early access" to their work-in-progress levels, but maybe that's a topic for another day :)
  • Grazie ho ricebuto l'avviso buona idea
  • Ma quindi se io invio un livello non sì può vedere?
  • @ste04, in english pls.
  • edited November 28
    If you really want to stop such downvotes then you can hide creator's name in good or bad stage. It will remove all kinds of partiality.
  • Sayor said:

If you really want to stop such downvotes then you can hide creator's name in good or bad stage. It will remove all kinds of partiality.

That’s not the problem, the problem is haters finding it in their profile
  • edited November 30

BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Lol @Simranjeet9_ but what does this have to do with this discussion?
  • @vtvy It links in nicely with haters =)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • > @Simranjeet9_ said:
    > @vtvy It links in nicely with haters =)

Hahaha.

• Nice one!