Team Levels

edited November 26 in Feedback
So what does this sound like? Take a moment to consider, think about what the words level and team are in Big Bang racing! Then add them together, and you get...

Team Levels! Where everyone in a team creates one level together! Or maybe just part of a team, or maybe a few players, if you were to add this into the game there could be two approaches

Approach 1:
everyone in the team works on 1 dome, and creates their level together and at least half of the players will have to beat it and say they want it published for it to be published,

Approach 2:
everyone works on their own part of a dome, and you can LOOK at other parts of the dome by other creators, but you can’t EDIT those parts, the parts could be connected by portals or open air or elevators!

In addition to this there could be special features to this special level!

Advanced - is it like normal, or does everyone or no-one get advanced!?

Special gadgets - there could be unique gadgets for this game mode only!

No coins - do gadgets cost coins?

Blind mode - can the players see the other player’s areas, if they don’t it could end up being very different and very funny!

Infinite items - Will there be item limits?

Dome size - does it depress on # of players? Will it be a small, medium or huge dome, or will it be an even bigger game mode-exclusive dome?

Will the level get likes?

Can these levels go on the path/racing queue?

For the latter two we have to talk a little bit more!

Likes distribution: how will the likes get distributed assuming that the level CAN earn likes and dislikes like normal levels

There are a few ways to do this:

The likes will be distributed evenly among the players who created the level, AND it will count in their total # of likes

No like system (easy way)

The level CAN get likes, but the players WILL NOT have them added to their total likes count

When it comes to the coins it really doesn’t matter, traplight can see what is to be done if they choose to put this in the game

Now about the path/racing queue thing I say that it could be a race, and for the path it becomes a little more complicated

For the path we have some options:

1 - place them on the normal Offroader and dirtbike paths and have them considered “normal levels” when it comes to path play

2 - open up a new path created specially for team Levels! You will also see team Levels in the sky!

If you have any questions or comments don’t hesitate, ho do you think about this traplight? @Barb @wempu @Seppo
•Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)

Comments

• edited November 26
    Some images Might come soon!
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)

• This is what the name and how the level’s creators would be listed
  • Very cool idea, I agree =)
  • @Xx_Wither_xX Wonderful idea! =) sounds fun!
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Would like to see this very much in the game.
  • Yes you should contact trplight
  • •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • Hi guys! Well, out of the bat I would see some serious coding required to make this work. As I understand it, when you create a level it is saved on your local device until you click "save", this is when the level is sent to our servers for safekeeping. Having multiple creators (while it would be awesome and exactly the kind of interaction that we are looking to create in the future as a company) could be very troublesome for mobile, as we would need to sync all devices at all times while the level is being built, to avoid working on previous versions and wasting creator's time.

The issue is one that has, and will continue to take a lot of time to think about. There are so many things to consider and unfortunately, in my own personal opinion is one that would be far fetched with BBR because of how things are build. Probably it's "easier" to build a whole new game than implementing this :S

But regardless, it is in all of our minds how to take creation to whole new levels and we hope to continue to develop technologies to allow for this so we can provide excellent games with you guys in mind :)
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • Barb said:

Hi guys! Well, out of the bat I would see some serious coding required to make this work. As I understand it, when you create a level it is saved on your local device until you click "save", this is when the level is sent to our servers for safekeeping. Having multiple creators (while it would be awesome and exactly the kind of interaction that we are looking to create in the future as a company) could be very troublesome for mobile, as we would need to sync all devices at all times while the level is being built, to avoid working on previous versions and wasting creator's time.

The issue is one that has, and will continue to take a lot of time to think about. There are so many things to consider and unfortunately, in my own personal opinion is one that would be far fetched with BBR because of how things are build. Probably it's "easier" to build a whole new game than implementing this :S

But regardless, it is in all of our minds how to take creation to whole new levels and we hope to continue to develop technologies to allow for this so we can provide excellent games with you guys in mind :)

Ok, thx :) sorry that it won’t work :(