This can make level rating amazing again.

edited November 28 in General
1. Make Monday be a 2x gem shard day every week.No explain is needed, I know GoB rating will accellerate and also on Mondays you will get x2 diamonds when playing GoBs.
2. Make a level gets vivible for everyone if the creator pays an amount of gems.I mean, a bubble like the GoB levels' and levels here can be rated with mega-like, like and dislike, like normal ones. But after doing this, the level needs to get 10.000 likes in the normal path. I have thought a prize of 500 diamonds for the special rating, tell me yours if you find another one better.
3. Very requested: More mark, more likes. Mark is like/dislike ratio. I have found levels with a mark of 6 (1500/~250) being the level, per example, 136 (first one after a chest) and then, 137 was a level with a mark of 12-13 (3900/~300). Possible answer: Level 137 was a new one. (Not in this case, it had 4000 likes, also 136 wasn't a 60/11 level with a mark of 6) so, both were after the chest opening, and the first one was the level with lower mark)
4. Make old levels be less visible for beginners if their creator has been inactive for a long time I mean, there are a lot of races in the Path, but their creators haven't played for about a year. I mean most Plunk, Hurkimer, that DazedPuma race... So new races that have high marks (7.5 or more) get into those Path positions. I have inspired this idea by Clash of Clans' attacking bases system. An active player's base can get attacked 3 times per day, while a base from a player offline for 6 months is attacked once every 13-14 days.

PS: Don't apply this only to races, there are lots of adventures from more than a year, that are annoying, but have their 250.000 likes only by being there.

Do you like this, Traplight? Are my ideas constructive?

Comments

• 1. Make Monday be a 2x gem shard day every week.No explain is needed, I know GoB rating will accellerate and also on Mondays you will get x2 diamonds when playing GoBs.
    2. Make a level gets vivible for everyone if the creator pays an amount of gems.I mean, a bubble like the GoB levels' and levels here can be rated with mega-like, like and dislike, like normal ones. But after doing this, the level needs to get 10.000 likes in the normal path. I have thought a prize of 500 diamonds for the special rating, tell me yours if you find another one better.
    3. Very requested: More mark, more likes. Mark is like/dislike ratio. I have found levels with a mark of 6 (1500/~250) being the level, per example, 136 (first one after a chest) and then, 137 was a level with a mark of 12-13 (3900/~300). Possible answer: Level 137 was a new one. (Not in this case, it had 4000 likes, also 136 wasn't a 60/11 level with a mark of 6) so, both were after the chest opening, and the first one was the level with lower mark)
    4. Make old levels be less visible for beginners if their creator has been inactive for a long time I mean, there are a lot of races in the Path, but their creators haven't played for about a year. I mean most Plunk, Hurkimer, that DazedPuma race... So new races that have high marks (7.5 or more) get into those Path positions. I have inspired this idea by Clash of Clans' attacking bases system. An active player's base can get attacked 3 times per day, while a base from a player offline for 6 months is attacked once every 13-14 days.

PS: Don't apply this only to races, there are lots of adventures from more than a year, that are annoying, but have their 250.000 likes only by being there.

Do you like this, Traplight? Are my ideas constructive?

Good thinking homero, why did you change your in game name?
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • Homero is shorter than HomeroGaming930
  • edited November 29

Homero is shorter than HomeroGaming930

Ok thx for telling me! :)
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • edited November 29
    Any other ideas?
  • No, I'm just waiting for TL to read the ideas...
  • No, I'm just waiting for TL to read the ideas...

Who is TL if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Hi! Well, we use the Double Fragment mondays is right after a Tournament. This is because when everyone is so busy grinding the Tournament level, very few keep playing the GoB levels and the queue increases a lot. That means that if normally you would wait 24 hours for your level to reach the front of the queue, now it might take 72+ hours.

We implemented the Double Fragment events to help speed up the recovery of the queue so that Creators don't suffer too much. If we over use this, however, we might make the queue so short as to cause other problems.

For number 2. Well wouldn't we love to have more ways for players to spend gems ;) However, we are always on constant debate if monetizing creation (or featuring) would be the best thing to do, we have divided opinions. It would divide the player base and possibly create conflict if we have users paying to be shown, and those who can't afford to pay it. It could feel unfair and not very "Free to Play" but more like "Pay to Win". imagine all the effort it took someone to get to 1000 Likes, to have one guy just pay money and get 10,000. It would be very discouraging in my opinion.

For the other two, we always try to show the best levels to players, specially the newest ones that are just trying out the game. So if a level is very good and has been very consistently liked since the beginning, why remove it? Even if the user might not log in anymore, like some of our top Creators, their levels are still something worth playing. And who knows, maybe one day they come back and claim all their million likes ;)

Just my 2 copper coins.
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • Barb said:

Hi! Well, we use the Double Fragment mondays is right after a Tournament. This is because when everyone is so busy grinding the Tournament level, very few keep playing the GoB levels and the queue increases a lot. That means that if normally you would wait 24 hours for your level to reach the front of the queue, now it might take 72+ hours.

We implemented the Double Fragment events to help speed up the recovery of the queue so that Creators don't suffer too much. If we over use this, however, we might make the queue so short as to cause other problems.

For number 2. Well wouldn't we love to have more ways for players to spend gems ;) However, we are always on constant debate if monetizing creation (or featuring) would be the best thing to do, we have divided opinions. It would divide the player base and possibly create conflict if we have users paying to be shown, and those who can't afford to pay it. It could feel unfair and not very "Free to Play" but more like "Pay to Win". imagine all the effort it took someone to get to 1000 Likes, to have one guy just pay money and get 10,000. It would be very discouraging in my opinion.

For the other two, we always try to show the best levels to players, specially the newest ones that are just trying out the game. So if a level is very good and has been very consistently liked since the beginning, why remove it? Even if the user might not log in anymore, like some of our top Creators, their levels are still something worth playing. And who knows, maybe one day they come back and claim all their million likes ;)

Just my 2 copper coins.

Makes a lot of sense barb! Thx for telling us