Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[INFO] Looking for Moderators!

edited December 2017 in General
Hi everyone!

The Big Bang Racing Forum has grown into a lively place with lots of users and daily discussions. We are doing our best with @Barb to participate in the discussions, moderate posts, answer your questions and highlight awesome things that are happening in the community. We have noticed that it might be a good thing to ask for help with this task!

So, as of now, we are looking for 1-2 moderators to help us run this awesome community.
The moderators would be checking out the discussions and moderating them according to our Community Rules. In addition they would be helping new Forum goers and BBR players to get started, and answer questions of other community members to the best of their ability. They would also gather a list of the most asked questions or notable discussion topics once a month or so, to help us admins stay better up to date on what you guys are talking about. The moderators should be active forum goes, but we won't be asking you to be available every day. Just being active and visiting the forum several times a week to check on things is enough.

We think there are many people here who would be interested in this responsibility and role. To make this process more transparent, we want to include the whole community in the decision making! You know who among you are most trustworthy, always nice and fair to everyone, and of course eager to help.

So the process for selecting our new moderators will go as follows:

1. Send us a private message here in the Forums if you would like to become a moderator! Put the word "Moderator" as the first line of your message. Remember to add both me and @Barb as recipients. In the message tell a bit about yourself and explain why you would be a good moderator for this community. The purpose of this description is to convince us admins and the whole community of your moderator abilities.
2. Me and @Barb will do an initial selection if there are lots of messages. Then we will make another post with top candidates' nicknames and descriptions. There will be a link to a Voting Poll where you can anonymously vote for your favorite candidate. There will be only one vote per player, so choose wisely!
3. Once the voting has ended, we will let the new moderators know that they were chosen, and then make a post for the whole community where the moderators can officially introduce themselves.

As the Christmas holidays are getting close, we think the voting will happen at the beginning of 2018, but we will be collecting names until Sunday 7th of January. After that we will go through the messages and create the Voting Poll.

Thanks everyone, and we hope we'll find great, excited new moderators to help us make this Forum even better :)

Cheers!

Comments

• I believe it's great we're going to be able to vote them, in most forums it's like you and you because we say so, but I like we, the community have the last word on who it will be.
  • I’d love to send a form and ask, I’d do it if it doesn’t have to be a job or anything like that
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)
  • I believe it's great we're going to be able to vote them, in most forums it's like you and you because we say so, but I like we, the community have the last word on who it will be.

Maybe not the last word, but it’s nice for us to be a part of it!
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)
  • How do I make a title for private messages?
  • Just asking but can you vote for yourself @wempu?
  • edited December 2017
    I think @wempu means to have "moderator" in your message.
  • Hey people, sorry, it was my bad for saying that you have to put Moderator in the title of the message :D I forgot that there is NO title. And sorry @vtvy I had to delete your pictures because they were a bit spammy and took so much space. But I will change the info so that it doesn't say anything about the message title :) Thanks for noting this.
  • @Xx_Wither_xX It's not a job, more like a hobby, or extension of your BBR hobby :) I added more info about the expectations:
    "The moderators should be active forum goes, but we won't be asking you to be available every day. Just being active and visiting the forum several times a week to check on things is enough."
  • Oh sorry @wempu.I just wanted to make sure @Xx_Wither_xX should know what to do.I won't do it next time :)
  • wempu said:

@Xx_Wither_xX It's not a job, more like a hobby, or extension of your BBR hobby :) I added more info about the expectations:
    "The moderators should be active forum goes, but we won't be asking you to be available every day. Just being active and visiting the forum several times a week to check on things is enough."

vtvy said:

Oh sorry @wempu.I just wanted to make sure @Xx_Wither_xX should know what to do.I won't do it next time :)

Thank you so much for the feedback @vtvy @wempu
  • @wempu
    The voting part seems slightly unfair. People are probably just going to vote for who they like in the game and who is most popular. Mabey you should show what they write for submission but not show who they are.
  • @wempu
    Do we type our submission form here or where?
  • edited December 2017
    SoccerPro said:

@wempu not sure where submission goes

It goes in a private message in inbox, add both Wempu and Barb to it, and the first line must be Moderator in the message

I did it like this:

Text:
  • Thanks XxWitherxX
  • You can just call me XxWitherxX, Wither or whatever... some people even call me Xx
  • How do you send a private message ?
  • edited December 2017
    You go to inbox (the one that is the mail icon) and hit new message (top right corner) and then it’s up to you on what you send! @BigbadDom
  • Sorry @SoccerPro I actually also thought it was spam! In the future you can put a @ in the beginning of the persons name and it will send that person a message that you mentioned his/her name.like this: @SoccerPro.This is so because you need to write the person's full name when using this. and also people will know who you are referring to with no spam.and don't worry, you dont need to Know the full person's name, just the first few letters and there name will come up to choose!
  • SoccerPro said:
    Oh sorry I forgot to mention don't put the @ with other words like this:[email protected] It will not work :)
  • @SoccerPro Thanks for bringing up your concern, we will definitely think about this before making the moderator candidates public. Note however, that we will make the first round candidate selection with @Barb and we will definitely not look at who is most popular in the game or anything :) But it's a good point that you brought up, we'll keep it in mind!

Also: I deleted some of the quite spammy messages on this thread and left the most important ones. Please try to write everything you want to say in one message instead of sending multiple ones with couple of words in each :) This is a forum, not Whatsapp.
  • wempu said:

@SoccerPro Thanks for bringing up your concern, we will definitely think about this before making the moderator candidates public. Note however, that we will make the first round candidate selection with @Barb and we will definitely not look at who is most popular in the game or anything :) But it's a good point that you brought up, we'll keep it in mind!

Also: I deleted some of the quite spammy messages on this thread and left the most important ones. Please try to write everything you want to say in one message instead of sending multiple ones with couple of words in each :) This is a forum, not Whatsapp.

I think that the reason why we do that @wempu is because we think of 1 idea... then 30 mins later we think of another idea... but we can only edit for 15 minutes so we have to create another post
  • @Xx_Wither_xX That is a different thing, nothing wrong with that :) But posting the same question twice in a row, or just posting a question mark without any sentence, those are considered spamming. The original discussion here is still readable, I just deleted the messages that made it hard to read and spammy. Thanks for understanding.
  • wempu said:

@Xx_Wither_xX That is a different thing, nothing wrong with that :) But posting the same question twice in a row, or just posting a question mark without any sentence, those are considered spamming. The original discussion here is still readable, I just deleted the messages that made it hard to read and spammy. Thanks for understanding.

I believe it is a glitch when posting because barb commented twice so it’s either a glitch where the forum processes it twice and posts it twice, or whatever, I’m not that much of a forum expert when it comes to sneaky spam bugs!
  • edited December 2017
    @Xx_Wither_xX it very much can be a bug, but the developers don't own the forum, so they can't really do anything about it.
  • True @vtvy but they can report the bug to whoever owns forum
  • It was just my internet that was slow and re-sent the information. :D No buggys there :D
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • edited December 2017
  • Yay! Hope I get to be a moderator.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username