Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is going on??

This season, which is only 12 hours old, is quite frankly ridiculous.

What is going on with racing, especially with the dirt bike?? I keep getting races where there is either one other racer or two, with only the winner getting trophies. Second place often get zero or even minus trophies.

Is this some sort of scheme to get us to upgrade? Very annoying!!
paradisoband.com/

Comments

• edited March 19
    I feel you @Bruce
    This is a screenshot of my first race this season.
  • @Bruce good luck in whatever you decide to do with your free time now. I hope you come back to visit at some point.
  • edited March 19
    @Bruce Good Work Buddy! Your final goal was to take down BigBang Racers, and you did it! You, above all, deserve the break. So many of us are here for you and are glad to call you, Friend! Keep in touch! It's been an honor!
  • edited March 19
    Maybe the season starts of with newer levels that have recently came out of 'Good or Bad'. So there is not many racers to race especially with your high cc. But you are doing very well @Bruce @AdamUnoun =)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • @Simranjeet9_ I think the problem is that we are running out of races. We race too much.

@Mike_the_Vike you must have missed something. We are not down, we are still #1 team.

All friends out there, pay us a visit if you wanna chat and race :)
  • @AdamUnoun Congrats on the promotion to leader! You will do a wonderful job! Bruce was referencing your first week loss to R&M. Congrats on rebounding. Nobody deserves this first week win, more than you. All the best to you guys. I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it. You guys are great! I see countless wins for you in the future!
  • Thanks @Mike_the_Vike
    I'm just pulling your leg as I always do. I'm positive we will do fine, we're heading forward! No need to look in the rear view mirrors. Take care both of you!
  • Congratulations @AdamUnoun
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• AdamUnoun said:

I feel you @Bruce

This is a screenshot of my first race this season.

That is definitively something the game should Not do.

And you are correct in that you are running out of levels. You are playing through the levels faster than people can make them ;)

We think that it can be related to the big "Good or Bad" bug that we had for quite a while. That lasted over a month as it was ridiculously complex to get right. That means that for that whole month, levels were not flowing to the Good or Bad and were not tested and selected for the paths. At least not in the regular amounts. So we thing this can and has affected you more, recently.

--- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.zendesk.com/
  • edited March 20
    could it also be a issue that lots of peoples create more adventure lvl‘s than race lvl‘s? or am i completely wrong with the guessing and peoples create an even amount ov lvl types?
  • could it also be a issue that lots of peoples create more adventure lvl‘s than race lvl‘s? or am i completely wrong with the guessing and peoples create an even amount ov lvl types?

You are not wrong there.
    Some 37% (from the about 300,000 levels published this year) are Racing.
    --- Barb

• thanks for the answer @Barb and holymoly already about 300k lvl’s published this year!
  • @Barb it happens to me all the time. Sometimes I get very low cc opponents but usually it's vs top racers. I used to get screenshots so a few are from a year ago. I like the one vs a noob NOOb. I also have to race myself quite a bit.
  • edited March 20
    Maybe there is not enough high CC creators or racers
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• edited March 20
    @gdn ahh! thats the way you guys score easily 10k+ lol
  • @LurkingLori I think I was a bit misleading saying it happens a lot. I get the 2 player races vs low cc probably 3 or less times a season. 2 or 3 player races with top racers happen probably 20 times a season (sometimes more, sometimes less). But this never happens either way until after I'm above 10k.
  • @gdn well still alot once youre above 10k. i personally havent experienced the issue. i started late with racing, did more adventure lvl‘s because this game was my second or even the third game for a long time.
  • @Barb I thought of some ways to help racing levels be in balance with racers.

Way 1:
    People do things with an incentive, for now you could give double coins from racing levels when somone likes them. Or give some other incentive so temporarily people will make racing Levels, not adventure levels.

Way 2:
    I know it’s sad, but possibly resetting the racers/ghosts on some of the heavily played races so they are more fresh
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)
  • Actually, I was proven wrong (we all make mistakes XD)
    I got a long and detailed explanation on how this is happening by one of the programmers.

So it turns out, that it is not about the levels at all, but about the amount of Racers with the amount of trophies. So our super complex matching system will only match players against others with a specific range of trophies above and below.

Each level saves the ghosts of players with each trophy count they had when they played the level. When a new Racer wants to play that level, it searches for the ghost of players inside the range of trophies.

If there are no such matches, then it doesn't match you against a lower player at all, since it should technically be super easy to beat them anyways.

So, the problem is that there are not enough high trophy-count Racers playing.
    :S
    --- Barb

• edited March 23
    :smile: Problem found!
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• Barb said:

Actually, I was proven wrong (we all make mistakes XD)
    I got a long and detailed explanation on how this is happening by one of the programmers.

So it turns out, that it is not about the levels at all, but about the amount of Racers with the amount of trophies. So our super complex matching system will only match players against others with a specific range of trophies above and below.

Each level saves the ghosts of players with each trophy count they had when they played the level. When a new Racer wants to play that level, it searches for the ghost of players inside the range of trophies.

If there are no such matches, then it doesn't match you against a lower player at all, since it should technically be super easy to beat them anyways.

So, the problem is that there are not enough high trophy-count Racers playing.
    :S

What if you made fake ghosts?
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)
  • @LuukRövekamp This is kinda off the topic but, Do you create much anymore because i dont see much on ur profile
  • Myself and handful of teammates make a lot of race tracks. How come those aren’t in race path?