Comments

• To get help for a bug or report one. Please give more context such as giving in-game name and giving a description of what happened
    Follow me @gl4w
  • I gave a video. Alright I will explain.

I was making a really cool level last night and then published it. As I got a screen saying your level is published, Then i will go to the level's tab it was loading and then game crashes. I am back at home screen. Then i created a few more levels when this happened everytime.

Please help!!!!111 :/ :'(
  • edited October 2016
    Yes, thank you @Blu that is super helpful! remember guys, the more you describe the issue, the easier it will be to hopefully find it and fix it :)

And @ZeryabPrime, could you please post your User ID (@ code) so we can look for the levels? If we crash trying to play them it could mean that somehow when you publish the levels some data is being corrupted. Or it could be that you are making a level that is harder for your own device to handle. Let's try the levels and see what It is :)

-- Barbara
  • My ingame username is Zeryab. I made those levels from my iPad Mini 2 and tried to play them in my secondary account(ZeryPrime) which is on iPhone 5s. It worked perfectly fine. I guess the problem is in the iPad :/ :/ :'(
  • Wow that is super weird. Upon further inspection this is what I can see:

Check the very bottom of the floor. Can you see a tiny little gap in the grass as the vehicle moves? I see a hint of red for a split second when the front wheel goes through. It seems that the builder made the electricity material on the bottom and deleted it leaving a tiny little bit behind.

The wheel goes a tiny little bit up, and also the second wheel as they go through exactly the same spot.

My best guess is that a tiny little bit of electric material was left behind and that is what you ran into. Super weird indeed.

--Barb
  • Yes, as with all materials it's possible to have traces of electic remaining that are almost imperceptible, maybe even what seems to be less than a pixel thick. This happens most often when you are using one material to fill the "negative space" of another (how you get smooth curves with the blue concrete and electric lava) as a risidual that wasn't fully erased.

I usually solve this quickly by erasing in the general area of the anomaly with every material but the one you're working with. Works like a charm ;)
    Team Trackbuilders: Join our monthly track contest (MTC)
    All are welcome to participate!

We have open slots. Message me for info to join.
    -comp
  • Asshat said:
    Traplight said:

Wow that is super weird. Upon further inspection this is what I can see:

Check the very bottom of the floor. Can you see a tiny little gap in the grass as the vehicle moves? I see a hint of red for a split second when the front wheel goes through. It seems that the builder made the electricity material on the bottom and deleted it leaving a tiny little bit behind.

The wheel goes a tiny little bit up, and also the second wheel as they go through exactly the same spot.

My best guess is that a tiny little bit of electric material was left behind and that is what you ran into. Super weird indeed.

--Barb

comp said:

Yes, as with all materials it's possible to have traces of electic remaining that are almost imperceptible, maybe even what seems to be less than a pixel thick. This happens most often when you are using one material to fill the "negative space" of another (how you get smooth curves with the blue concrete and electric lava) as a risidual that wasn't fully erased.

I usually solve this quickly by erasing in the general area of the anomaly with every material but the one you're working with. Works like a charm ;)

Just wanted to add that I experience this with snow quote often. Comp has the right solution :)

It is a builder mistake, not a coding error :) once it has happened to you as a racer you are much more careful erasing filler or "framing" materials as a builder!
  • The time I was published my level a connection problem happened and it published the level one step before (last saved level) so the level stuck.the problem is at the beginning I put some iron wall or dust in the mechanic stars, please help I lost 2 days making this level for my child. Thanks a lot. JimDourt is my game name and non stop the level name
  • It's OK now thanks