IMPORTANT: Please read the Traplight Community Rules here:
http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/682/important-community-rules

Trackbuilders Team Thread *OFFICIAL*

edited March 9 in General
This thread will serve as the Trackbuilders team central. This initial post will be updated periodically with updates on the following:
  • Team News
  • Current Monthly Track Contest (MTC) parameters
  • MTC Special mentions
  • Links to relevant content on track building i.e. forum posts, guides, additional game content etc..
  • Tips & Tricks
  • What we would consider to be helpful FAQ
Trackbuilders is a team that focuses on track building (dur right?). We hold a monthly track contest and comment on each other's tracks with constructive feedback and often discuss design philosophy. We are a team dedicated to track building - trophies aren't a requirement, though we strongly encourage vast experience in driving tracks of all types :)

Youtube Channel - uploads soon!

*ALSO*

If you want to join the team please just send me a message here on the forums.

We've recently moved the team to "friends only" and have had to reduce our numbers to the core of the team because of demand for slots occupied by inactive members.

CURRENT MTC: Build an auto track that has a "pet" object that follows you through the track
Include "MTC Feb" in track name

Last Month (MTC Jan): Build a track with one of each item/decor/object and *ONLY* one of each. Goal: be creative

MTC December: Build a very difficult, but not impossible platformer-style track. Goal: Build equally fun as is difficult
Team Trackbuilders: Join our monthly track contest (MTC)
All are welcome to participate!

We have open slots. Message me for info to join.
-comp

Comments

• edited February 27
    This second post will serve as an archive of MTC parameters
    (Currently we're not doing any kind of "judging system" or any kind of winner. We discuss amongst ourselves who's track(s) we liked and why, and we kind of like it that way, but should we one day organize a system of ranking the top 3 will be posted here each month)

Link to official MTC thread: http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/512/monthly-track-contest-mtc#latest

-comp
  • edited February 28
    This post will serve to consolidate discussion and feedback about the game as well as any other misc. content.

Discussion on discrepancy between vehicle power and level compatibility:
    http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/334/improving-adventuring-track-design#latest

http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/511/a-very-different-solution-to-level-incompatibility-with-vehicle-power/p1?new=1

More discussion on editor proposals:

http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/315/important-improvements#latest

Consolidated list of popular suggestions and ideas:

Track Incompatibility at Different power/cc
    Object/Item Capacity Limit
    Undo Button

Consolidated list of hat proposals:

PENDING

List of item/object proposals:

PENDING

-comp
  • @comp I am going to start searching MTC tracks now!! Super excited
  • Nice one @comp, I can't wait to see new members in the team.

New trackbuilders with fresh ideas will always be welcomed.
  • @Splodge We've only had two so far :P December and now we're on January xD

@Goo Heck yeah! Exactly!

-comp
  • Awesome! @comp we love your idea A LOT! We can provide your team with prizes for the contests, just drop us a line via support chat about it or send an inbox msg here :)

Cheers,
    Xeni
  • @Traplight hey that would be pretty cool :) We just might take you up on that should we establish some form of a ranking or voting system xD

-comp
  • Well, you could make polls in the Level category with links to the levels that are participating and get players to post their votes there :)
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • The February MTC: Build an auto track that has a "pet" object that follows you through the track
    Include "MTC Feb" in track name

All are welcome to join in! Link them here if you do :)

-comp
  • Hey @comp! I wanted to let your team know that there are several small YouTubers that are interested in starting monthly level creation competitions. This got me thinking if you guys would also be interested in starting a YouTube channel of your own where you could post about your monthly competition and theme? :) This way more of our players would have a chance to join in to the competition! We could post your videos on our social media channels to get more people interested. Also you could add the YouTube channel link to your profiles in-game to get people to go to your channel more. We would love to provide some gems and a trail for the monthly winner if your competition reached a bigger audience :) I believe there are some people in your team who already have YouTube channels, so they could be interested in hosting the competition videos on their channel, so there wouldn't be a need to start a whole new one. What do you think? You can discuss this among your team and let us know!
  • I joined team trackbuilders not long ago and im posting stuff in my own channel at the moment, if trackbuilders get their own chanel i will post some of it there also
    YO! fucknuts! It's Probing time.
  • Thanks @wempu , yeah we've discussed this a bit :) I think Freakie is going to set up a channel for us so we can have a central place to organize the contest and showcase favorites - that would be really cool! We'll have more info soon :D

-comp
  • edited March 5
    My idea is to make a team 'trackbuilders' channel , it will be subscribed to all members of team 'trackbuilders' that way people can have all members content in one channel. People who are not a member of our team can subscribe to our team channel and ofcourse to out members. If they participate in our monthly challenge they can post video's , links to their level there in comments in our team channel. I think that's a nice way to share all of our levels on youtube and make it easy for others to follow our team and members.

Our team is also looking for active, friendly and creative people who love to build tracks. We just did a clean-up and removed inactive members so we have plenty of space for creative people and their friends :).

Even if you still need to learn a lot you are welcome to join, we only expect from you to do your best and be active in chat and trackbuilding. We always play the levels made by our teammembers and give respectfull feedback. that way we learn from eachother and pushing eachother to try new stuff.

You can send a pm to one of our members here on the forums if you want to join.

• I think the channel idea sounds great! What better way to link players together than with awesome content? It is so great to see how the Creation part of the game is making a tight community revolving it. Awesome guys!
    --- Barb

• Just added a link to our Youtube channel so now that that's in place we can start moving out content there.

One of the biggest things I'd like to do with this channel is feature playthroughs of tracks that the team really likes from outside the team! I know we'd all be able to come up with 3 a week at least ;]

-comp
  • That's awesome! You could also showcase particular cool build ideas and different ways that players have used them for. For example how different players have used N00b's "Superlauncher" to exit the dome, etc.

Or showcase play troughs of the super ultra difficult levels. Oh the possibilities are endless. Can't wait :D
    --- Barb

• I would like to join your team

Soy un hombre de dios ~ JR
  • Holy moly! Shame on me... how much did I miss? Heard about trapsies are involved somehow, but I never realized that there will be a complete support of our trackbuilding contests sometime. Sounds awesome! :-D
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited March 16
    @ElChapo ,what is your ingame name? I will follow you and you need to follow me to enter our team because it is friends only. And one more thing, i've seen a discussion on this forum about you having no respect for others? If that happens in our chat it is instant ban and no discussion.

Post your name here if you are still interested and we will see you in chat then :)

@Hauzuwienix , rofl i think i mentioned that like 10 times in chat, it probably went by and was lost in all the chats :dissapointed:

@comp ,

Can you please login on the channel and subscribe to all members that have a channel?
  • edited March 16

Here @Freakiebeakie, there was a real tournament. I'm not fooling ya. ;)

@Barb And that was the moment where everything stopped for me. Had to close game and restart.
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Awesome!
  • @Hauzuwienix how do i play this man please let me in on it

• @Freakiebeakie yes i want to join and no i never caused problem that i didnt appologize for and no i will never repeat my mistakes and cause probles anywhere else.

• @elchapo , that was a beta tournament to test new stuff for the game, i missed it also and now it is not available anymore. I still need your bigbang race name so i can follow you
  • @ElChapo , i already found you in game , search for me in game and follow me, then you can join our team, welcome!
  • @Hauzuwienix It happened to me too, I lost internet for a bit (I walked form one room to the other one in the office and switched from wifi's and then it got stuck on "resetting tracks" for a while.

This is precisely why we wanted a quiet test, need to make sure things work properly when we announce this :)
    --- Barb

• edited April 21
    Guys and girls... I read bad news again about some of our team members. I am not involved in any of the things happend or being said, so I cannot say anything about what really goes on here.
    Infact we are going to become one of the biggest trackbuilding team on this game, we are also need to build up some kind of good reputation to be recognized by anybody else.

As a matter of fact, if a member is going to bring shame to the team, he don't deserve to be a part of it. Good behaviour is one pillar a commuinty is built on. If that one is missing, the whole complex is beginning to collapse. And this won't be tolerated!

If there won't be a change soon, those members are going to be kicked and get a lifetime ban on our team. We are about to create something big here, and we don't need any unnecessary disturbances.

Make tracks - not war! :p

Hauzu
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Help! Can any of you guys see me in the team. I fear my profile has been destroyed. When I search for myself I can't find it and if I search for any of my tracks they can be found but under the profile name Obb. When I follow Obb it shows no tracks been built. Strange. It would be a shame to have to start again and I have made a few in app purchases. Gutted.
  • edited April 21
    Weird, @Goo ... I do see you in the team. Write to support, mate
  • Thanks Dejota, I contacted support this morning and they thought that they had fixed the problem. I suppose I'll have to wait until after the weekend now.