Monthly Track Contest (MTC)

Comments

• edited April 10
    I feel bad having this one ruined. :anguished: But I just try to stay realistic and if we are about to be supported by traplight, we should come up with doing something we are truly capable of.

We can copy others tracks... or we just can play it along, as it was: discuss the parameters, let everybody come up with their best ideas of inventing a track on it... in their own unique way/style.

Ideas...

Let at least 10 rocks of any size follow you till the end.

Freefall/freefly track without touching anything (auto)

Track with at least 10 loops/jumps - no items - only brushes

Track only made of red brush (electrictiy), using items to solve it.

Ski jump - slide down ice hill on anything creative, doing a superjump right after

That are 5 ideas that popped right into my mind. I am totally spontaneous on such things. If anything suits you, just vote, otherwise offer your own idea. :)
    An official MTC should be decided soon, only 3 weeks left for april.

Still feeling bad about cancelling the whole copy idea. *sigh*

HAUI
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited April 11
    I remember my first mtc in team trackbuilders as the funniest one, auto track with companion object following you. Ideas like that are the best i think. The challenge that dejota competed in with castle pumpkinton( sorry if i got the name wrong) was way to blurry for me and that is why i did not make a level for that challenge. Metal + pumpkins, i was like wtf.... we have to come with something really catchy, something that when people see it think HELL YEA i want to build something cool :P. I dont know if people from other teams read this topic but it would be nice if they also drop some ideas here.

Or maybe just say 'no rules', just make your best track EVER!
    Just try to do something differend then you normally do.
    YO! fucknuts! It's Probing time.
  • @Freakiebeakie If you really throw the "Do your best track ever"-grenade it will be a blast. Think about @comp ... working on simple tracks for weeks. If he catches this one, the contest has to last decades till he's finished after trillions test drives. =)
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • @Hauzuwienix But it's a great idea. I think a whole month is more than enough to do your master piece :D
  • edited April 12
    @DeJota_CDI - If you love to... I got several tracks that are masterpieces in my eyes. If I put everything together to build THE one best track ever possible... I am only able to build low quality afterwards. Can't live with that on my mind. Won't force myself to beat me with every single track to keep up my new high standard. =)
    So I will pass on that one. Good luck, though. ;)
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited April 12
    Ok I had a new idea, and this time it's something REALLY SPECIAL.

TIME TRAVEL CONTEST

Terms:
    Create the real sensation of travelling across time. It's not going to be easy, but really spectacular. No limits or rules for how to do it:
    Go to the future? To the past? BOTH?... maybe drive inside a watch? Making a paralelism between 2 different ages on the same place? However.
    You have the time machine, so go "whenever" you want and show us your journey!

This time I would like @Traplight team to be the jury, so Trackbuilders can participate too as possible winners.

Prizes: Could you @Traplight offer a BigBang chest to the winner? And I could also make an unique hat for the winner especially for this event, if it's possible.

So tell me, @Traplight , @Barb , @wempu , .... Is it realizable? Do you like it? Could we have you as jury, and could the winner have those prizes?
    Thank you so much. Waiting for your replies :)
  • Dude one of your ideas was brought to me by a timetraveler (i think) because i am already building something and you mention it as an idea..... was it dejota from the future giving his teambuddy freakie an awesome idea OR WHAT!? Anyway, im building a track as we speak so thé idea got my blessing :p and DAMN i hope that hat becomes reality, me as a hat addict would travel to the furthest possible future and back to find that hat. But if not then its fine also :) because my main reason why i build is because it is relaxing and clears my mind :)
  • @DeJota_CDI your are fucking awesome man love the idea @barb @wempu HIRE THIS GUY

Soy un hombre de dios ~ JR
  • @DeJota_CDI Absolutely Awesome Hat! Love it! =)
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • @Traplight , i'm sorry to insist, but the time is running and we would like to launch the Time Travel MTC on May 1st. So we need an answer, is it realizable?
  • Im in trackbuilders and i love it :+1:
  • @DeJota_CDI woops! Sorry about that, completely forgot to press "Enter" on my message...

Sure, @Xeni, @wempu and me could take a look this month and vote on them so you can participate. As for the prize, we will need to discuss it here because we have also been helping other teams with rewards, but the chest would be a bit over what we have awarded before. (Hopefully in the future we can do this very nicely with a tool we are designing)

As for the hat, I am sorry to say that it is a bit impossible right now. Our 3D artist is busy with other tasks and usually these take time, not to mention that they have to be in a previous update so it becomes available.
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • Ohh, ok @Barb
    Anyway my idea was to make the 3D model myself and send it to you, but i understand it can't be possible. And which could be the prize? I want to make a video for the contest and i would like to know what to offer ;)
    Cheers!
  • I think the previous competition that we helped with rewards was for 1000 gems. So we for sure can do that as well for yours :)
    --- Barb

• OK I'll do it :)
  • When you post the video, be sure to send the link to our Facebook page as a private message please! :D
    --- Barb

• Okidoki! Won't forget. Then, I have a lot of work. I'll upload it on the next 4 days
  • I love the timetravel idea :+1: and i want to win the 1k gems ;)
  • Greetings Trackbuilders! Just wanted to take a moment to say you guys are doing great work! I follow many members of your team and always look forward to seeing what comes of your competitions! All of us at BigBang Racers have a deep respect for what your team represents. In a game where down-votes are common I thought you could use a giant up-vote from a fellow creator and even bigger fan! Keep up the good work!
  • Thats mine, hope it gives others inspiration, good luck everybody!
  • I love it @Freakiebeakie ... I wish you the best of luck ^^
  • Dont think it is a winner but i had fun building it :) used to much materials for the clock so i was limited with the rest of the level. All these numbers was a lot of concrete
  • @DeJota_CDI When does the time travel competition end? (- great idea )
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • 'Time travel MTC-May' Von 'N O.o b' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/5909e7e91e00001d00fa7547/ That my level wow¡
  • @gdn Muchelle and stinkiwinki are participating? They have to send the link on my YouTube video
  • @DeJota_CDI when is the final entry date for the competition time travel?
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • You have till the end of may