IMPORTANT: Please read the Traplight Community Rules here:
http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/682/important-community-rules

[INFO] Tournaments Info & Feedback

edited June 8 in General
HEY EVERYONE!

The big day is here! The Tournaments feature is finally officially launched! The first ever Big Bang Racing Tournament (hosted by Nickatnyte) starts in 2 hours!

Here is a short summary of what the Tournaments is about:

* Every participant drives with the same CC vehicle in the Tournament, regardless of how much they have upgraded their own vehicle. The first Tournament is raced with a 300CC Offroader, but other Tournaments will feature the Bike and other CCs as well :)
* Players are divided to rooms of approximately 100 equally skilled contestants. Match-making prioritises placing players into same rooms with their friends.
* Tournaments Nitros have a fixed performance boost across all players, and they are only used inside the Tournaments. Unused Nitros will carry over to the next Tournament.
* At the end of the Tournament, the final reward pot along with Treasure Chests are shared among contestants, with fastest players of every room earning the best rewards. Winner of each room also gets a unique Golden Helmet, and they get their name & time immortalised on www.bbranks.com

* Tournaments are also always hosted by a YouTuber or Traplight. There might be some special prizes or surprises related to the Hosts, so stay alert and check out their channels for extra info ;)

If you have any feedback or comments about the Tournaments, please comment here! :) We will continue to perfect the Tournaments even after this, so all feedback is welcome and useful for us.

ALSO, don't forget we are streaming soon, at 12.30pm EEST (GMT+3)! Tune in and join the chat :) Our developers are going to tell why we decided to create the Tournaments, what happened while developing the feature, answer your questions, and OF COURSE, race in the Tournament when it starts at 13.00 EEST (GMT+3)!
https://www.youtube.com/c/TraplightGames/live

Comments

• I might have some kind of a déjà-vu on this track... isn't that the first track again, with slightly changes made? Find it quite difficult to improve track time on that one. There are such tiny spots, that are nearly impossible to hit at the right second, to change your driving to get the best solution. Ran it about 100 times, made it to rank 10, fallen back to 15... and still have no clue how to beat that track... -.- *sigh*
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited April 22
    Finally i'm the first on my room. 24,973s ^^ Soooooo happy.
    But there are very fast racers on my room and still 55 hours to beat me XD
  • Have you watched the video? Jeremias and Seppo explain a bit of the tricks ;)
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • @DeJota_CDI Ain't you being kicked from your throne today? ;)
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • @wempu I told Knutsen about the praise you all gave him in your livestream. He came and checked out the replay and said that it was great to be recognized! I know it wasn't a mistake or fluke because he explained it to us in team chat after he did it. Thinking outside the box and using his head to get ahead!

Best wishes, and great job on the tournament!

On a side note- I'm having a hard time getting our team to keep our trophy count up because they are all focusing on the tournament
  • Feedback on the tournament:

Overall I think the tournament idea is awesome, especially as i play big bang only for racing and really like the competitive element of it. HOWEVER I really feel that dividing players into rooms is really unfair because for example having checked out bbranks.com I saw that my time would have made nr 1 in over 500 rooms but now I get no honor because I wasn’t number one in my room. And while I did get a reward let’s face it - racers do it for the pride and not the prize :)

Anyway, I spent over 1000 gems on the tournament and feel that I get nothing out of it. I do understand why Traplight wants to divide players into rooms (monetization of more casual players, I get it) but couldn’t we at least get an overall scoreboard for ALL player times on BBranks so that you at least can feel a little pride if you know you beat most players, even if you leave without a golden helmet. I at least would like to see some changes to the ranking/room matchmaking in future tournaments, otherwise I won’t spend any money on them in the future.
  • edited April 24
    @Nate Totally agree. I feel a little offended seeing how players in other rooms won their hat and have their names on BBRanks with 28 sec. and i don't have anything with 24,76...(only a gold chest). It's a little change you have to do, and maybe keep it like it is now, but making a rank with 100 best times (no matter the room), could be great :)
    What you think guys?

PS: I enjoyed a lot this tournament, btw! :):):):) It's great!
  • ...making a rank with 100 best times (no matter the room), could be great :)

This feature will be added to bbranks next week! It will also affect previous Tournaments, so you get to see Top 100 of those in addition to the ongoing Tournament.

Also, in case you didn't notice yet, bbranks now updates the fastest room times of the ongoing Tournament (once every 10mins) so you can stalk what's happening in other rooms in realtime ;)
  • edited April 28
    NICE! Thaks for the info, @Seppo !
    It will be fair for those who really want to do it good, because winning on your room with a time of 28,8'' on the last tournament, MAN! You have to do it bad on purpose!

PS: I have a time of 28,055 on this current tournament, but I think I won't keep trying. I don't like the dirt-bike (so, i'm sorry guys, but if you're expecting another explaining video this time... it's not possible)
  • Yes that's awesome news @Seppo ! Thanks for listening to the players! Would be really nice if the top 100 would get some award as well - even if those helmets are made of gold they aren't that expensive ;)
  • Nate said:

Yes that's awesome news @Seppo ! Thanks for listening to the players! Would be really nice if the top 100 would get some award as well - even if those helmets are made of gold they aren't that expensive ;)

We are investigating good ways to reward players who did good, but didn't end up as number one in Tournament. One possibility, at the very least, would be to show people's Tournament performance on their profile window and display a badge of sort next to their name. But as said, we are investigating, and possibilities are still open.
  • Hey guys, here's a tutorial to get your UNDER 29 in the current tournament. Check it out!
  • Awesome
  • Waiting for it?
  • @Barb hey so I'm curious if you guys have more youtubers lined up for more tournaments since you've used dejota who is a player/big bang youtuber. Cuse I'm kinda thinking maybe we should have a tournament once or twice a month so ppl like @gdn can have their teams focus on trophies. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the tournaments but I find I'm using a lot of my weekend time on them haha.
  • You are absolutely right, we do plan to space them out a bit more. Since it was a new feature, we did the series of one after another, but we understand that it will burn out players and eventually it will remove the Cool factor, it would become something expected and boring, so we will be spacing them out.

We do have some Tournaments planned but we will change it a bit hopefully :)
    --- Barb

• @Barb you're amazing, much love for the dev team! I seriously want to buy some Big Bang shirts and u need to make alien plushie dolls!
  • Thanks @Schwifty_Rick I also am glad to hear they'll be more spaced out. Our team has already put our wtc on the back burner because of them. Maybe I'll get a chance to play one now.
  • This tournament thing is getting more and more intense... it was fun at the beginning. But it is becoming more and more work instead of fun. Must be a scary picture, seeing a man nearly 40 years old, integrated into his couch, with snacks and drinks, staring at his tablet and running the same track 200 times in a row, just to be 0.001 second faster as the other player one rank above him. My girl said: "Are you driving the same track all the time??? Are you crazy???"
    2-3 hours later I quitted, made just a few ranks up. But then 25 ranks down next morning.

Yippie-kah-yeah! =) :p :# :3
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • hahaha it was the same for me, even knowing exactly how to do it, after watching everyone do it over and over again, I still ended up in like number 52 or so in my room. I could NEVER land on the rock in a way that I would go left before it and into the exit...
    --- Barb

• Is this considered spam? :D

• Is this considered spam? :D

Nope. I like it!
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • I have a discussion in the levels category that s related to this, could you look at it?
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • compared to the top players i think that its okai to have the tournaments more often because for me as a more or less average player its a good way to get these shiny bigbang treasures and have a good progress in the game:D
    because i dont get these amounts of diamonts from the team season thing:)
    i understand the point that the team players spent more time for the tournaments rather then get trophies but for me making the tournaments just once in a month is bad for the average player:) just a thought:D @Barb
  • Yes we are currently weighting the pros and cons of having them often or seldom. We are also thinking about making some kind of "Flash" Tournaments that would last only about 24 hours. We think those might be more interesting because the difference between one and another player wouldn't be so precise. We will see :)
    --- Barb

• sounds cool:D
  • In my room, stinkiwinki , Dominic and @Crud are in my room (room 11).
    Eat My Dust, packid851

• :+1: :joy:
    Eat My Dust, packid851