Someone copied

(First of all, I forgot to report) I have seen around 5 min ago a track made from a guy, called "Elpro Matías" In the path. It has 2k likes and around 500 dislikes.. But he reproduced my ultra-liked track "Running Land" (305k likes, offroader race). He copied all (The start, the nitro zone, the concrete ramp with the force field, and the loop near to the end. But he decorated it worse than mine. Can you remove his level? (if you think I am lying, check both levels...)

Comments

• edited August 19
    @HomeroGaming930 if you can, please put the link of both levels here. Also, it's ok to copy somethings, but the entire level..... hm.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • @packid851bbr I can't share links on PC. And yes, I feel the same, copy a start or a finish is a thing that everyone here has done almost once (Including me) but the entire level... And 90% of that guy's likes are from that level.
  • @HomeroGaming930 I'm on mobile so...
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • @HomeroGaming930 Hmm, that sounds like a tricky situation, and I totally understand your frustration. It is not forbidden to manually copy things that others have made, and as @packid851bbr said, it's ok to copy some things. All of us have gotten inspired by something that others have made, and have copied that to our own levels with maybe some small variations.

The fact that someone copied your entire level, it is just... astonishing. I would look it from the point of view that this is actually a huge tribute to you, because this means you create so good levels that others are willing to copy them completely to get at least some likes in BBR. You should be proud of yourself!

In the future games we will see if we can somehow make it possible for the original inventors name to be always carried with these "copied" works, so you always get credit if others use what you designed. But for BBR this is probably too big of a chance I'm afraid.

As I said, it's a tricky situation, but remember, you didn't necessarily lose anything here :) You already got your likes from the original level that you made, and you should keep creating awesome and unique levels that will blow people's minds! We take this issue very seriously, and will talk about it here to make sure that we have done everything we can in our future games to tackle this issue. Thank you for your feedback, it's valuable to us, as always :)
  • > @wempu said:
    > @HomeroGaming930 Hmm, that sounds like a tricky situation, and I totally understand your frustration. It is not forbidden to manually copy things that others have made, and as @packid851bbr said, it's ok to copy some things. All of us have gotten inspired by something that others have made, and have copied that to our own levels with maybe some small variations.
    >
    > The fact that someone copied your entire level, it is just... astonishing. I would look it from the point of view that this is actually a huge tribute to you, because this means you create so good levels that others are willing to copy them completely to get at least some likes in BBR. You should be proud of yourself!
    >
    > In the future games we will see if we can somehow make it possible for the original inventors name to be always carried with these "copied" works, so you always get credit if others use what you designed. But for BBR this is probably too big of a chance I'm afraid.
    >
    > As I said, it's a tricky situation, but remember, you didn't necessarily lose anything here :) You already got your likes from the original level that you made, and you should keep creating awesome and unique levels that will blow people's minds! We take this issue very seriously, and will talk about it here to make sure that we have done everything we can in our future games to tackle this issue. Thank you for your feedback, it's valuable to us, as always :)

:astonished:
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • @wempu @HomeroGaming930 maybe there should be a "player copied my level" button under the drop-down of the report button. Your team can then verify this. Then when someone plays the copied level, it could say "This level has got its inspiration from name" on the thumbnail screen.
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• or something like that...
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• @Simranjeet9_ It's a good idea, but the problem is that there would be most likely so many reports of people copying other people's levels that we would never have the time to actually check them :/ That's why it needs to be automated somehow :) Hopefully we'll have some solutions for this in the future, but we definitely want to give creadit to the original creator! Let's see what we will come up with ^^
  • Or maybe, the creator could say that they copied _____'s level, called _____ or somthing, just to make some sort of honour level, or to give credit, there would be no reporting, because the creator does this themselves, just a thought
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • It can be easier: make the report button more visible.
  • @HomeroGaming930 Reporting these copied levels is really not a viable action either, because we have to manually check the reported levels for any type of prohibited behaviour or actions. Without context it's impossible to know that a level is copied, as we only see a nice level without any offensive or vulgar content.

Also, as I said, we would love to see the original creators getting credit and fame instead of completely banning copying. It's a slippery slope where it's hard to say what should be allowed or not if we start banning copying. Eg. should we delete all levels that copied @n00b 's original space launcher? Or those who copy @Freakiebeakie 's tribal style in their levels?

I think the solution lies somewhere in the positive side of this (giving credit to all people involved, and encouraging healthy copying that brings in new trends) rather than the negative side (deleting levels, punishing people etc.). As said, we are still researching this ourselves, and we definitely want this to work in the future and make all creators happy! :) Thank you for understanding.
  • I see it as a huge compliment when someone copied my track or style. Copying art or what ever is always a tribute to the official creator. And like is said here, you already got your likes for the original track so why do you care so much
    YO! fucknuts! It's Probing time.
  • @wempu I kinda copy @sc4ma (Dominic in game, I guess?)'s cave style. And I've seen copies of my levels Slap Happy Racing and Fastfoward. Makes me really happy!
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • @packid851bbr Dominic was not cave style owner. But, it is true hat if you talk about caves, first name you say is "Dominic"
  • edited October 13
    I have no time to read this thread by now. All I have to say is: There is no copyright to your tracks. And from my point of view you are working with traplights belongings. It is their game, their editor, their programming. So if go into somebodies sandbox and building a castle made of sand, and somebody sits beside you building the same... well it is not your sand after all and you can not forbid anybody to copy you in any way.

So, like @wempu said correctly, the best way to handle the situation is to feel honored by them. It doesn't matter how good anybody is able to copy high rated tracks like yours @HomeroGaming930 because they won't be as successful as your track at all.
    But I respect the effort to try. I never could copy anybodies track. Too much work for a bad copy. But I respect those who are capable and patient enough to do so.

So... just forget about it. Best thing to do is making a thread to gather all copied tracks to test and check them out. Could be a nice Trackbuilder contest as well. ;)
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited October 14
    Or when I copy a track or take someone’s idea I usually post them in the level to honor them
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • Or wrote the name of the player that you copied something and put it somewhere in the level in a way that everyone can see it.
  • That’s what I do
  • edited October 15
    Did anyone notice that @Pvil copied dejotaDCI’s level - auto pinball

It’s really a dishonour, the entire level was copied and no name mention... talk about abuse! It’s oka6 to get inspiration from a level, but copying it is different!
  • I agree with you!
  • > @Xx_Wither_xX said:
    > Did anyone notice that @Pvil copied dejotaDCI’s level - auto pinball
    >
    > It’s really a dishonour, the entire level was copied and no name mention... talk about abuse! It’s oka6 to get inspiration from a level, but copying it is different!

I don't know where something is copied but okay. This is barely the same and only following the same principles of pinball. If I make a straight line will it be called copied because somebody may have done it similar before?Think before talking!
  • It looks incredibly similar and the start & end are the same, besides Dejota CDI is popular so anyone might copy it