Would it be possible to add nitros to test your tracks before publishing?

Great racing levels always have the perfect time to use a nitro. When you are designing a level, it's hard to know how nitros will work on it. Adding them to the testing of a track would really help.

Comments

• Good idea @Doctor it truly is a good idea, I wonder why traplight didn't think of/implement it yet,

And how did you get 160K likes this season? Wow!
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • edited September 26
    ...Yeh, the idea of having unlimited intros in level creations would be very useful for everyone =)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Well, the reason why we don't have them there is to make sure the level can be completed without using them, as many players don't have nitros available all the time.

It's one of those little design features to make sure the level selection goes better and all players can equally finish :)
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.helpshift.com
  • Ahaa...
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• It's the same reason why we don't have hats in the Editor, so that the creators have to be able to finish the level without hitting their head even once. This way we make sure that no one can make insanely hard levels (but you can still make pretty damn hard ones by practicing in the Editor for a long time!). Other players always have that one chance to make a mistake even tho the original Creator didn't :)
  • edited September 26
    @wempu correction- we DO have hats in the editor now. I still make it so it’s possible not to lose your hat, especially since my hats are themed with my levels. I also agree, because people don’t have the same nitro power as you. For example, a 1000cc person has more nitro power than a 200cc person. Of course there are CC Enforcers, but that’s not the point.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • But maybe you can do somthing where you can use nitro, but if you reach the finish with nitro you can't publish, how about that?
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • I understand your reasoning for not having them as a regular test, but why not a "test as guest" feature that you can't use to publish? Kinda like Wither said. "Test as Guest" could even let you test under different CCs.
    My other idea would be to add an option to only publish to your team members as a way to have your track tested by friends who can give you comments before you Go Live to the public.
  • Great idea for the teammates testing idea doctor! I really hope traplight adds this + the nitro thing that I mentioned
  • @packid851bbr Oh wow, sorry about that, my mistake! Too many things in my head about the game and what is new and what is old, that I can't seem to keep up with everything :) Thanks for correcting me.
  • Hey @wempu we all make mistakes it's fine, at least for me
  • @wempu with you being there since the game was first started, I can get that lol =)
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • Yea, oh those old days... when I wasn't here, when advanced didn't exist, when there was a dangers section in level building, when many things didn't exist...
  • I remember the danger part and no advance tools.
  • Yea, oh those old days... when I wasn't here, when advanced didn't exist, when there was a dangers section in level building, when many things didn't exist...

I remember when there were no black holes! When portals and force fields were epic, when the most expensive thing was the chicken surprise. Aye, it was a different game then!
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • Wow... that was a while ago!
  • @Xx_Wither_xX yeah...
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • :lol:
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• I was in this game before the creation challenge.every thing was not the same. No global chat no tournament no camera magnet.etc
  • vtvy said:

I was in this game before the creation challenge.every thing was not the same. No global chat no tournament no camera magnet.etc

Sounds boring now :) this game just keeps getting better ;) one day in the future so one will look at this comment and ask themselves if BBR was boring back in the day when this comment was posted ;)