About spammers [INFO]

Hey everyone,

It seems that every couple of days we get a random spammer posting something totally irrelevant here on the Forum. I was asked if we could do more to stop them, so let me explain how the system currently works.

When you want to register you have to fill a captcha, so this will prevent bots from coming in. You also have to confirm your email address before you can start posting. The captcha and the email confirmation already drop a significant amount of the spammers off the wagon. However, some spammers are determined to go through the trouble and end up getting the permission to join the forum.

To tackle this issue we could make it so that us admins have to review all the people who want to join the forum. I personally don't think it's a very viable option, as the spammers could still get through the filter if they just write "I like your game, I want to join." in the application form. It will just slow down the process of getting to the forum for the real users, and it won't still stop the spammers, as they are real people and not bots. This being sed, I have no real evidence to back my claim up, because we haven't tested this yet.

So far I think it has worked well that we just flag the posts and the admins will then ban the users and delete their content. What do you think? Should we take more action to tackle the spammers, or are you ok the way it is? Do you want us admins to start reviewing people who can join? Let us know what you think :)

Cheers!

Comments

• @wempu I may have influenced this. It worked like a level by the devs.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • @wempu This is not a serious issue but it is something that should be controlled. So, I think it's best to continue flagging posts that fall under spam (or abuse) without making it a major topic in the forum. :)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Some people flag comments for no reason sometimes like sometimes a person has done one comment and no discussions but had a abuse on there accounts
  • @redracer Usually in that case the person has actually been a spammer, and the spam message was removed by admins. Sometimes these people are by mistake not banned at the same time, so you will see these weird spammer accounts with negative forum points and no discussions started (because the only one they ever started was deleted as spam).
  • Flagging as a form of bullying is strictly prohibited, so if you see anything like this, please contact the admins with a private message so we can investigate :)
  • wempu said:

Flagging as a form of bullying is strictly prohibited, so if you see anything like this, please contact the admins with a private message so we can investigate :)

traplight C.I.S.! :p =)

Special investigations for prohibited forum behaviour! Could be a super thrilling TV series!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never saw anything you spoke about... so I can't say anything usefull to this thread. Traplight rocks! B)
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Yea @wempu I just found someone with -1 points and thought it was a glitch :)
  • I have an idea! :smiley:
    What if when we create an account on this forum, we need to link our game account to our forum account. Otherway, you can't post and comment anything.
    What you think about that @wempu ?
  • @Tigui2 that’s a good idea, may not stop the spammers through
    • Follow me in Big Bang racing - tag: @dqvdp (in game, not on forums)
    • Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
    • My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    • play my levels! And enjoy them please!
  • @Tigui2 That is a good idea, and we toyed with the idea before launching the game as well :) The only problem is that we are not sure if this can be done with our current service provider's tools. I will send them a message and ask about this. Thanks for the feedback :)
  • @wempu one final spammer got in there and I did the 5th flag. The discussion was removed. :D
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • wempu said:

Flagging as a form of bullying is strictly prohibited, so if you see anything like this, please contact the admins with a private message so we can investigate :)

Special investigations for prohibited forum behaviour! Could be a super thrilling TV series!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never saw anything you spoke about... so I can't say anything usefull to this thread. Traplight rocks! B)
    I agree. And Traplight C.I.S.... lol
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • wempu said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha
    • Follow me in Big Bang racing - tag: @dqvdp (in game, not on forums)
    • Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
    • My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    • play my levels! And enjoy them please!

• BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0