Haunted House Tournament Level Creation Challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

And the moment you have all been waiting for... *drum rolls*

The Winners for the Haunted House - Earn your OWN Tournament - Challenge are:

Congratulations!! You made some amazing levels that we can't wait for people to play!

Je1letv has earned his way into a 72hr Tournament featuring his level from October the 27th to the 29th!
Pvil's Tournament will be from October the 14th to October the 15th. You have 48 hours to beat his Monster ;)

We also have 6 awesome Runner-ups who will get 10,000 visits on their levels during Tuesday the 31st!!
Faker, BigBadDom, Havic, Piddi, N O.ob and Simranjeet L!!!

Congratulations to everyone!! We enjoyed playing the levels and will love to do this again ;)
--- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
https://traplightgames.helpshift.com

Comments

• Great job everybody!!!! Just wondering traplight, what could I have done to make my tournament level better?

-Zach W
  • How were these levels chosen?
    We'd love to see the score of each level and how and why they were given that score.
  • Congrats to whoever won.I guess I can't win ever time.
  • And will there be any honorable mentions? Also the tracks that come close to runner up will be featured on the path?
  • edited October 11
    Well, didn’t think I would win anyway lol.
    If you wanna play my entry, here you go:
    'Pac's Spooky Tourney' by 'packid851' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59c55a161c00001d00124aa9/
    Anyone up for a mini Tournament? If so, I’ll post a discussion. It has tourney in the name, so it must be! Lol not an official one.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • @Barb maybe something like this around the holidays?
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • My entry was not the greatest but I still liked how I made the cars flip with the falling pumpkin and have lots of ways to go.

'Haunted house run.' by 'Vtvy' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59c7ccb41c000048001807c4/
  • @packid851bbr do you mean like every month there will be a entry to post your best racing level and the best one we will all race to try to get to the finish first?
  • Congratulations everybody including Pvil & Jeletv! Your first ever tournament! :)
    Thanks to Barb & Traplight team for runners up & 10000 visits!
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Brilliant levels
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• Great job everyone! I can’t wait to play your levels!

• It said in the other forum that this would be a chance for unknown creators to get noticed. But how is that possible when you chose creators who already have 1000s of followers?
    How are creators with real skill, who have not been playing for over a year, going to get their levels noticed when you keep promoting these over rated builders that only have more followers and likes because they've been playing longer?

Instead of lying in the first announcement you should've just said " only enter if you're in our top 10 builders otherwise you have no chance."

There is absolutely no point in anyone, other than your favourite creators, enter any further challenge if you're just going to ignore their entries.
    You should be supporting the new, upcoming talent, not ignoring them.

And poor Dom for his level getting played 10,000 times. He's going to be so upset getting 20,000 dislikes.
  • > @Fast_Freddy said:
    > It said in the other forum that this would be a chance for unknown creators to get noticed. But how is that possible when you chose creators who already have 1000s of followers?
    > How are creators with real skill, who have not been playing for over a year, going to get their levels noticed when you keep promoting these over rated builders that only have more followers and likes because they've been playing longer?
    >
    > Instead of lying in the first announcement you should've just said " only enter if you're in our top 10 builders otherwise you have no chance."
    >
    > There is absolutely no point in anyone, other than your favourite creators, enter any further challenge if you're just going to ignore their entries.
    > You should be supporting the new, upcoming talent, not ignoring them.
    >
    > And poor Dom for his level getting played 10,000 times. He's going to be so upset getting 20,000 dislikes.

Well, first of all, there is a reason the famous creators have so many followers.They prove to have the skill and patience in creating new levels. So, most of the time, a “old“ creator just has a better feeling of design and other aspects of a race, while a unknow creator may lack these.

Secondly, I truly belive that this is a fair chance for everybody. I got second in the Competition, but guess what? I believe it is due to the fact that I built a great level!! I don't have these thousands of followers you claim that we need!!

In the end, sit down, pratice in making your levels and then u get a chance to prove yourself.
  • edited October 11
    Pvil said:

> @Fast_Freddy said:

Well, first of all, there is a reason the famous creators have so many followers.They prove to have the skill and patience in creating new levels. So, most of the time, a “old“ creator just has a better feeling of design and other aspects of a race, while a unknow creator may lack these.

Secondly, I truly belive that this is a fair chance for everybody. I got second in the Competition, but guess what? I believe it is due to the fact that I built a great level!! I don't have these thousands of followers you claim that we need!!

In the end, sit down, pratice in making your levels and then u get a chance to prove yourself.

Not true. A year ago what is now regarded as a simple level would've got 100,000 of likes.
    Now, these levels get downvoted. That's the reason for the high amount of likes. It's not because of good levels is because the game was relatively new and players didn't know better.
    And you only think your level is great because you built it! hahaha. It's obviously not that great as you lost to Je1tletv. How embarrassing...

Oh BTW, I have a much better like ratio than you (yours at 1208 likes/level and my 1554) so I think it's you who needs to sit down and practice. hahahahaha
  • :D I’m so happy

Thanks guys :)
    ^_^

• Pvil said:

> @Fast_Freddy said:

Not true. A year ago what is now regarded as a simple level would've got 100,000 of likes.
    Now, these levels get downvoted. That's the reason for the high amount of likes. It's not because of good levels is because the game was relatively new and players didn't know better.
    And you only think your level is great because you built it! hahaha. It's obviously not that great as you lost to Je1tletv. How embarrassing...

Oh BTW, I have a much better like ratio than you (yours at 1208 likes/level and my 1554) so I think it's you who needs to sit down and practice. hahahahaha
    The only thing that’s embarrassing is you moaning about a competition that anybody could have entered and was judged by the creators of the game.

If you don’t like how the competitions are judged, don’t enter them.

Being bitter on here, rather than being gracious in defeat, is just embarrassing.
    paradisoband.com/
  • Aw I lost ;(
  • I am just saying but, most of the winners are people with advanced items. I think it would be fairer if other people got the chance to win
  • So my level was bad? :(
  • Great explanation. Seems fair enough. Did the testers find my hidden route shortcut though? ☺
  • I know what you mean barb. Thanks for the explanation! I was just wondering if the advanced items made a difference because that could mean the player was more popular. They also make a level better. Maybe you could make an advanced comp and a normal comp?
  • You can also find who the player is by their code (e.g. @bw5c)
  • edited October 12
    Yea, but I don’t think that players have codes memorized, and same goes for traplight

The only code I have memorized my own (@dqvdp) (in game code, not forum code)
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • @Simranjeet9_ you have just got to advanced because of runner up :) but unfortunately I will still be a 8K likes aknowledged creator without advanced items :(
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/3 to veteran)
  • It's all part of the prize. I have seen your good creative techniques, there are many other competitions to come in the future, where you can use the most of your imagination and knowledge to create your most treasured levels that could make you win! You can get to 8K as fast as you like. So don't worry :)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• @Xx_Wither_xX Btw I’m still an acknowledged creator. ;)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• edited October 16
    Mine was probably rejected due to either poor flow or too many deaths. But I’m not saying that it couldn’t be one of the approved.
    And @vtvy no it does not. It was just a little joe that could’ve been taken seriously, and I get that.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • What? You can hack this game !?!
  • Also here ist the frickin fastest way in my Tournament ;)