How to create a style of level

edited November 1 in Tutorials
Before we begin on how to create the style I would like you to check out these three levels of mine that have the style in them:
Here they are:

'Bands of Elements' by 'Xx Wither xX' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59ea8faa2000002de5f1e7be/
'Speed Bolts - Crazy' by 'Xx Wither xX' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59e3fc151e00004700c2259b/
'The Dream Edfice' by 'Xx Wither xX' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59e249811f00001e00269820/

Notice something that they all have in common? Take a guess then you can reveal the spoiler that contains the answer!

Answer:
they all have the metal and ice bands/spots on them! And these bands/spots are cased in earth!

But how do you create these? - I have the answer but it takes practice and effort and a little time, but you can do it!

From now on the guide will be a bit long so I will use a spoiler to make it faster if you just want to head to the comments section!

Okay the real guide! Did you go and abide to my policy about copying the style? If not go back and please accept it! So the first thing is to create a simple line(s) made of earth to dictate where the player will drive, make sure to keep gaps in between the earth, gravity switches are good!

Picture:

Now after this step take the earth and make intricate designs with the earth only and keep holes in the designs!
You may only use the earth brush in this step - no other brushes!
And here is a rule: USE YOUR IMAGINATION TO MAKE GOOD DESIGNS!

Picture:

Now fill in the holes with ANY brush, sure I used ice and metal only in the other ones that I did (well, mostly), but you CAN use other brushes and do it, however don’t use one brush, and try to use the brushes next to each other filling in different areas, to make it interesting!

Picture:

Then after that you can do the final touches - map pieces (if it’s an adventure level), camera magnets (to see the decoration better)
And that stuff

Picture:

And we are done!

But I have a little bonus section!

Bonus:

The brush combinations that are best: (I used them all in the example level above)
These combos are not ranked in any way!

Metal & ice
Dirt & fire
Ice & fire

Comment and tell us if there is some more good combinations!
Anyway please have fun creating the levels!

The link to the example level above: 'XxWitherxX's Style' by 'Xx Wither xX' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59eb2bb71f000049003efb9d/

- Xx Wither xX
• Follow me in Big Bang racing - tag: @dqvdp (in game, not on forums)
• Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
• My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
• play my levels! And enjoy them please!

Comments

• I really like it!
  • Thx, you can use it and title it Xx Wither xX’s style or something :)
    • Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
    • My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
  • Great quality of map! well done :)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • edited October 25
    I don't get it... sorry. :/

First track was aweful. Just a start = win track. Who would like a racing game he don't have to drive an inch to win? O.o And begging for likes on the track never works.

The second track had lame design, no decoration, unbalanced jumps and loops. Missed the 2nd map piece all the time cuz those treadmill and fans just shot me too far. I even missed the portal if I didn't brake.

Third track... I made it to the goal missing all three maps. Sort of skill you may think, but it was because of your track design. Once I was able to get all three, I always die on the goal, telling me I had collected none of them.

So what exactly is the "style" you've mentioned? Making bad tracks? Well done. =)

And forcing somebody to accept some sort of copyright policy is the greatest bullshit I've ever read on this forum! =) =) =)

To everybody on the forum: feel free to copy anybodies style or design as you wish... cuz there is no way to secure any sort of design at all! =) =) =)
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • edited October 25
    So that was a tutorial about doing some artwork. Ok. Well done. But I still can't stop laughing at your copyright policy, forcing players to add your name on their tracks. Sorry.
    Focussing on the artwork, that tutorial was ok. ;)

But maybe @Barb or @wempu wanna say a thing or two about that "copyright policy". xD LMAO
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • So... Hazuwienx I can do better with the copyright... sure, and for me I make it to the goal almost every time, each time with all map pieces, sorry if it doesn’t work to you, but it works for me
  • Hazuwienx can you try this? 'PyroMetallic Flames' by 'Xx Wither xX' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59ef27ed200000d359fa2769/
  • Here it is! @Xx_Wither_xX
    'Art cave!' by 'Keeger12345' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/59efb9c31f00004900474ab9/
    I will now give you credits!
    Sorry about hauzuwienix being mean about your level :( but I think your levels are awesome! :)
  • Thanks so much! About hazuwienx it wasn’t the levels, it was how the guide was written I think
  • edited October 31
    Ok and np ;)
    Btw you're guide is clearly fine to me
  • Ok and np ;)
    Btw you're guide is clearly fine to me

Haha of course it was! I’m so good! *pat on the back!*,

In all seriousness through, thanks for that ;) it was nice :)
  • ;)

You replied so fast!
  • @Xx_Wither_xX Thanks for posting this nice tutorial, but we have to ask you to take down your copyright policy :) I hope you understand that anything people do in Big Bang Racing belongs under Traplight Copyright policy, and no other policy made by third parties has any legal standing here. This includes the policy that you wrote in your post.

Anyone can do anything they like with our game, as long as they follow our Copyright, Community and other policies. Our policy says currently nothing about copying other player's styles or inventions. As we have discussed before, copying is a form of flattery in our game, and it enables players to constantly invent new things. This is why we don't want to hinder it in any way. Of course you can ask people nicely to credit you if they use your invention, but unfortunately you cannot by any means force them to do that.

So we ask you to kindly remove the copyright policy part of your post now. Thanks for understanding. If you have any more questions about how the Copyrights in Big Bang Racing or upcoming Traplight's games work, please contact our Support and we'll do our best to explain :) Thanks!
  • wempu said:

@Xx_Wither_xX Thanks for posting this nice tutorial, but we have to ask you to take down your copyright policy :) I hope you understand that anything people do in Big Bang Racing belongs under Traplight Copyright policy, and no other policy made by third parties has any legal standing here. This includes the policy that you wrote in your post.

Anyone can do anything they like with our game, as long as they follow our Copyright, Community and other policies. Our policy says currently nothing about copying other player's styles or inventions. As we have discussed before, copying is a form of flattery in our game, and it enables players to constantly invent new things. This is why we don't want to hinder it in any way. Of course you can ask people nicely to credit you if they use your invention, but unfortunately you cannot by any means force them to do that.

So we ask you to kindly remove the copyright policy part of your post now. Thanks for understanding. If you have any more questions about how the Copyrights in Big Bang Racing or upcoming Traplight's games work, please contact our Support and we'll do our best to explain :) Thanks!

I understand, however the policy was meant as a joke, but I guess I didn’t write it very well

You may take it out
  • @Xx_Wither_xX Even if it was a joke I still took it down to avoid any confusion :) Thanks for understanding!
  • wempu said:

@Xx_Wither_xX Even if it was a joke I still took it down to avoid any confusion :) Thanks for understanding!

I know it’s a little late, but thanks for solving this peacefully!