Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social Quality Aspecs

Dear ladies and gentlenerds,

I would like to discuss a pretty important aspect of the game. The inner team social quality. Chatting is pretty old nowadays and evolutionized many times till today. Every games guild/team feature is pretty well build and thought through. But not in BBR. I am playing for about a year now... and nothing really changed on that, yet. To keep it short, here is a little list of what I would change to improve the social aspect in the game:

- smaller fonts and bigger amount of letters per post
- auto spam delay for those who post many things in a row
- no more speak bubbles, just a normal plain text chat to save space
- more functionality instead of cute design
- chat/player options like spam/abuse/mute/block to report a team member to the team leader
- adjustable inner team hierachy to choose some deputies for the team to relieve the team leader from his burden
- sperate windows for chat and trackuploads!!!
- kick-vote system to decide in domcracy if a player should be kicked (only by leader)
- whispering feature: the option to talk private to somebody
- highlight somebody and let him/her be informed about it, like the @name function on the forum
- more space for a team text or/and a daily leader announcement everytime you enter the chat the first time a day.

Most of that is pretty old school... like an undo function for an editor for example :p
But I really would love to see the chat becoming more functional and even more social.

What about you? Do you agree with me or disagree? Have you other or additional ideas to improve the social team aspect in BBR?
Just tell me about it. :)
"Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
- Will Smith, iRobot

Comments

• Some of what you said sounds good :+1: @Hauzuwienix like the whispering feature, @name function, team announcements/ text and a little more functionality. Good stuff. :)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • @Hauzuwienix Very good and thorough list. We love it :) Thank you so much for feedback, and I can assure you that we are reading all of this very carefully and making notes. Social aspects are super important for us as they are so tightly linked to player created content and creativity.
  • There are so many things to evolve here, that others done decades ago... chat and team features seem to be stuck in baby shoes at traplight. You may have invented this game for kids in the first line, but I can assure you, most of the players seem to be adults. That's where missing functionalitycomes into play. Our trackbuilding team, even if it's greatfully supported by traplight personally, really got big intern issues due to missing managing options.

We cannot see when players were on last time, so we can't check who's active and who's not. We surely got some bodybags laying around, without knowing. We are not able to promote members to help guiding the team. We can't inform the team by writing a message to all at once. Therefore we are unable to spread rules about chat behaviour once and for all. Every single time we are forced to inform every single player not to spam by sending every single word as a message.

Chatting still is at rock ages here... that is really sad. :'(
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot