Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick survey

tmltml
edited February 2017 in General
If you could ask the developer to remove one build item which would it be? And what ideas would you have to replace it?
Go.

Comments

• Why would you like to remove something? Dont like it dont use it :). I only want more textures to draw with. Or a color palet to choose from
    YO! fucknuts! It's Probing time.
  • edited February 2017
    I aggree. I personally like electric material, but i hate its skin. I would just change that for a more decorative color. maybe flat yellow or red.
  • I like the texture, it is a bit animated . I used it once to create small lights in a ufo anf it was like they were blinking, really awesome
  • edited February 2017
    :o Nothing should be removed, but there should be a rope that the Alien driver can cling onto and let go off. There could also be water. Like Freakiebeakie said, colour palet with not too many colours
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • The reason I asked this is because it's very difficult for them to just put new gadgets in and although there are items I don't like so much,and rarely use them I just thought 1 not so good item could be exchanged for something more useful and more reliable in its action?
  • The gravity switch could be more larger
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• have a play at my levels on the levels section
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• I also thought that this thread might shake the ideas tree and the developer could see some pros and cons to help them moving forward, even though the game is awesome as is, no one wants to stand still ;-)
  • A number of pretty good object ideas have been proposed on here, some well worth keeping in mind for the future. I'll be compiling a list of them in the Trackbuilders team thread you'll be able to find soon. But more recently I've noticed interest in simple aesthetic options like being able to select "skins" for materials and I feel like that alone would go a long way for how simple it is. I'd never considered the idea really until some folks have brought it up here but I've become really fond of the idea, and I know many others that really enjoy the aesthetic side of building that would love to see new texture options or whatever you wanna call it implemented
    Team Trackbuilders: Join our monthly track contest (MTC)
    All are welcome to participate!

-comp
  • Hi guys, well actually we have something coming up very soon, that has been eating ALL of our time. The testing alone has been crazy, we want it to work as best as possible from the get-go. Of course we need to expect random things to need tweaking after releasing it, but that is the reason why we seem to be at a stand still at the moment.

But getting back to the point, basically the reason why we haven't added new items and features has been because of some mayor updates that we need to do in order for the game not to break. As it often happens with technology, we need to be up to date with all the systems that make the game (which often requires work).

We have been very busy with what would seem like "background updates", but don't worry we are bursting with ideas of things we need and want to add, it's just that we need to follow our timeline of features and items.

And @comp that would be great if you can keep a list! We have a list of everything we get from support, emails, social media, and forums. But if there are more things going on, of course we would love to hear those too.

We hope that after the 2 large updates that we have scheduled we will have some time for all the cool stuff (We can't wait)

And @Xeni and me have been preparing for something also that we hope you guys will enjoy, but again, we need the programmers to do some stuff for us before we can start using that ;)
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.zendesk.com/
  • Thanks @Barb :) You nailed it hehe I try to remind people just how much is involved in making a new mechanic/feature merge with an already stable build and not break things lol xD My hope is that we all understand and be patient and excited for what's coming >)
    Team Trackbuilders: Join our monthly track contest (MTC)
    All are welcome to participate!

-comp
  • Vroeeeem vroeeem, do i hear a new vehicle comming?
  • We so wish that too :.(

The way the game was programmed was thought only for the two vehicles. More than the design, it's the programming part the one that doesn't have the flexibility to add new vehicles easily. Adding a new vehicle is something that we think would extend the game and add way more things to the game in terms of experience. However patching over patches might be super complex and dangerous for the game.

We have previously explored and started working on a new vehicle but it has been put on indefinite hold until we can figure a way to add it to the game properly without breaking anything.

It's basically like if you had built a house with two floors and then wanted to add a hanging terrace, and then another room on top of that terrace, we need to build and often switch completely the foundations in order to build higher up. That is basically when developers hit the wall of "it's easier to make a whole new game from scratch" just as it would be easier to make a whole new house that is prepared for 3 floors.

Me and my weird analogies, I hope I make sense :D
    --- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
    https://traplightgames.zendesk.com/
  • yea bigbang 2 sounds easier, a version for newer devices with more vehicles, higher items limit in tracks ,complexer track editor . Oh crap my imagination goes wild. ;P
  • Dude, we have all our empire built here, I wouldn't like to move to a BBR2... losing everything. It's better to fix and improve this one :D
  • @DeJota_CDI I mostly agree with you
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• edited March 2017
    I would not leave bbr, then i have 2 favorite games 2 play xD