Haters gonna hate.

Now that my follower count has been going up lately, I've realised the problem of haters. I suggest that if a player dislikes your level from your profile to much in a row they get banned from your profile(if they were legal players they wouldn't care because they would stop playing them anyway). They could still access them from the track.

Comments

• edited November 14

Now that my follower count has been going up lately, I've realised the problem of haters. I suggest that if a player dislikes your level from your profile to much in a row they get banned from your profile(if they were legal players they wouldn't care because they would stop playing them anyway). They could still access them from the track.

My followers are going up, but I don’t see many haters, maybe I am lucky? Or perhaps it’s because I’m all nice and all that ;)
    • Follow me in Big Bang racing - tag: @dqvdp (in game, not on forums)
    • Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
    • My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    • play my levels! And enjoy them please!
  • > @Xx_Wither_xX said:
    > Now that my follower count has been going up lately, I've realised the problem of haters. I suggest that if a player dislikes your level from your profile to much in a row they get banned from your profile(if they were legal players they wouldn't care because they would stop playing them anyway). They could still access them from the track.
    >
    > My followers are going up, but I don’t see many haters, maybe I am lucky? Or perhaps it’s because I’m all nice and all that ;)

I guess you're lucky, I barely get normal dislikes in the beginning, they are always double dislikes, and it has taken me 4 tries to get my latest level to the tracks due to this issue.
  • > @Xx_Wither_xX said:

> Now that my follower count has been going up lately, I've realised the problem of haters. I suggest that if a player dislikes your level from your profile to much in a row they get banned from your profile(if they were legal players they wouldn't care because they would stop playing them anyway). They could still access them from the track.

>

> My followers are going up, but I don’t see many haters, maybe I am lucky? Or perhaps it’s because I’m all nice and all that ;)

I guess you're lucky, I barely get normal dislikes in the beginning, they are always double dislikes, and it has taken me 4 tries to get my latest level to the tracks due to this issue.

Sorry man, traplight should do something, but for now I am going to play your levels and help fix the hater problem by double-liking them, it won’t be much, but still
    • Let's play BBR! - play my levels, give me tips, and I will do the same to you!
    • My location: right behind your back eating a salad - don't look!, I'll be gone when you look!
  • Thanks a lot but that's not a solution nor really fair. The problem is huge because they usually start with a 40% dislike ratio but when the hits the tracks it turns into less than a 20% dislike ratio.
  • edited November 15

Thanks a lot but that's not a solution nor really fair. The problem is huge because they usually start with a 40% dislike ratio but when the hits the tracks it turns into less than a 20% dislike ratio.

I agree, it is a problem! But even through it is, you can just try to earn more followers and perhaps there will be less haters, you could also do something different for a change such as an auto level
  • I just happen to be working on an auto level. You should explore your mind reading abilities.
  • @CommanderBeta Thank you for your message. It's a really important thing that you have brought up, and we will need to think of solutions to this. Having people to come to other people's profiles to just downvote every level they have made is not something that we want in our games... I am not 100% sure what we will do, but at least this is now in our attention and we will talk about it with the teams. Maybe @Seppo will have better understanding of solutions as a designer? :)
  • edited November 21
    We are aware of this issue.

Today we are updating our servers to hide new levels from creator's profile, from level search, and from Friend Levels list until they have gotten their initial ratings via Good or Bad (floating domes, matched to random players) or via Team Chat. This means that your haters will have to be either very lucky, or they have to be members of your team to give you downvotes during the crucial initial phase.

After the level has completed the initial Good or Bad phase, the negative power of dislike becomes far less potent -- and that's the moment when the level will appear on your profile, level search, and Friend Levels list of your followers.

I suggest you republish your level later this week when this server update is ready and running. You can republish your level by choosing [Edit] from Create menu, and [Go Live] with it.
  • Let's hope this solves it.
  • It seems to work since I've reicieved 20 likes in a row witch seems to be the time it takes for it to get through the good or bad levels and just after got a double dislike.
  • Hypothesis tested, 4 double dislikes in a row (8 dislikes).