Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Builder comment for track displayed on loading screen

Yet another suggestion thread >< Sorry devs ;) Don't worry, I know you're only human and can't just snap your fingers and magically imbue the game with every little suggestion or idea we have XP but...

Me and a teamate were talking about a track of his where he wished he could have included a little comment/tip/direction with the track release that would then be displayed on the loading screen or somewhere or whatever, and in this case, to inform the player to drive the track as fast as possible to avoid a "hazzard" somewhere on the track.

This got me thinking about how I've wished that the character count on track names was a little bit bigger... but this is an even better idea. It's easy to imagine countless scinerio where that kind of function would be helpful.. literally countless :)

Just something we thought would be very worth considering down the road :)
Team Trackbuilders: Join our monthly track contest (MTC)
All are welcome to participate!

-comp

Comments

• I'm new to the forum and just browsing through some of these...but I think that's a really good idea.
  • edited December 2016
    Recent examples I'd have used on tracks if I were able:

"Just Tap Forward" for an auto track where tapping other buttons doesn't yield as consistent results

"Don't use flip boost"

Another example I can imagine... like on a track with multiple routes that all share the same starting point, maybe there's a specific order you must take each route in order to finish and you want to inform the player that it's a puzzle track so they know what they're driving.

-comp
  • And @Traplight I know you guys are already working towards ideas like this.

I'll also reference another thread to anyone visiting this thread, it discusses some similar themes and also contains some nice insightful info from the developers

http://forum.bigbangracinggame.com/discussion/331/leave-comment#latest

-comp
  • Yeah! I would love that. Seriously! Made a race track with 4 different routes. Tooked me days to let every single route take the exact same time to solve, around 25 seconds. Named the track '4WAY GLACIER OF DOOM' by 'Hauzuwienix' https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/57ebaebd40000077002f5677/
    I don't even thought about what will happen. Everybody that drove my track used only the one way I have used, guessing it is the shortest or fastest. -.- Wished I could've inform the player to use the way they like the most instead of following me instead.
    "Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy?"
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Hi guys. Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. To be honest, before the game was launched, we used to have comment section in the Level Publish screen, so you could add additional info about your track for other players to see. For UI reasons this was left out, but I will definitely tell the devs about this and maybe we could somehow add it back. Right now we are really low on staff tho, as people are on holidays and there are lots of other features being worked on :/ I can't promise anything, but I will do my best!! :)
  • That is a great idea!
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • Hey, it's me... comp's teammate again... Mr. Discussion I was once called. xD As a matter of fact, you devs living from our players feedback to get yourself and your product into the right direction. Saying that, it goes hand in hand with what comp have said. Giving the players some kind of info, to guide them into the right direction. But there is one additional thing to close this circle - if I should've opened another thread for that, just tell me - where you devs use our feedback to evolve your makings, the player always is left behind... alone... only with red and green thumbs... not knowing why people love or hate the work they've done.

Make up your mind and imagine you are going to invent, design and create a car of your fantasies, with all that technique you ever dreamed of. Then you go and show your car to the world, maybe on a huge car convention of some kind. And people are walking around your creation, not saying one word at all, just giving you thumbs up, or down. What will that kind of feedback give back to you? All you can do is to count the votes... that's it.

So, every player invest time and energy to be creative (more or less ^^), but the feedback is just a binary vote: 1 or 0. What I try to tell you is, along with the vote, the should be a commentary function. Either only visible for the creators or for everybody. Haters gonna hate, you cannot avoid such individuals. But sooooooooo many times I drove a track I wished to give hints how to make it better next time. Sooooooo may times I made a track I loved, but everybody hated it.

AND I AM GOING CRAZY ON NOT KNOWING WHY!!!

It's just as if your partner just stand up right now and leave you forever without a single word. Wouldn't that drive you mad? xD

The main keyword is: feedback!

But... that is just my opinion. How do you think about that?

Best regards
    Hauzu
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Hazuwienix, that has happened to me multiple times. It can never be perfect. I once had a race have a perfect track (that wasn't intended, but that is funny, don't you think?) record of a level (Allegro! (Fast!)) sustaining 15 likes for 3 days. Of course, somebody has to dislike it. Haters gonna hate, that level has about 30-50 likes and about 5-15 dislikes. Still, that is one of my highest, if not the highest, liked level I have ever made yet.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • Hazuwienix, that has happened to me multiple times. It can never be perfect. I once had a race have a perfect track (that wasn't intended, but that is funny, don't you think?) record of a level (Allegro! (Fast!)) sustaining 15 likes for 3 days. Of course, somebody has to dislike it. Haters gonna hate, that level has about 30-50 likes and about 5-15 dislikes. Still, that is one of my highest, if not the highest, liked level I have ever made yet.

Be patient, my young Padawan. May the MegaLikes be with you! ;-)

Highest I ever get was over 150 likes. After dozens of tracks finally one track cracked the 50.000 mark. Big Adventure Cave ... And getting likes for it day by day... I still don't know why people like that track.
    - Will Smith, iRobot
  • Like the Star Wars reference, @Hauzuwienix
    Eat My Dust, packid851
  • edited February 19
    I don't even think about what will happen. Everybody that drove my track used only the one way I have used, guessing it is the shortest or fastest. Wished I could've informed the player to use the way they like the most instead of following me instead.
  • edited February 19

I don't even think about what will happen. Everybody that drove my track used only the one way I have used, guessing it is the shortest or fastest. Wished I could've informed the player to use the way they like the most instead of following me instead.

What you can do is play it multiple times, each going a different way so they have multiple of u going in different ways, that will let them know about the different ways in your track
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)