Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about the LCC's so far?

Hi everyone!

We are currently looking at participation and other numbers related to the LCC's that we have had. We want to asses how well or poorly have they been received. And if to keep doing them or not, etc.

But numbers tell the story only so far, we want to hear your thoughts! We don't want to guess so we want to ask you for your thoughts!!

Some of the theories we are taking a look at are:
  • Are the prizes the ultimate reason for participating? (Or are other factors more important?)
  • Will changing the prizes affect player participation? (More or less players participate if prizes are different?)
  • Are players that participate once, more likely to participate again?
  • Does player motivation (for participating) increase or decrease after participating once? (Will players want to participate again?)

For example we already know that players that are participating are getting better and better with every LCC. As the percentage of good levels has been increasing steadily with each Challenge.

However we have seen a decrease of participation among the lower Creation Ranks. Is it because the Challenges start getting too tough for them?

It is for sure getting harder for us to find the top levels as the difference in quality is not that far anymore. And all levels are starting to get pretty good.

In other questions for you:
  • Is it complex to participate?
  • Are the themes boring/ complex?
  • Any other thing you want to tell/ask us?
Of course we know of a million things that could be better if we had systems in place (and in-game) for them. However we do have technical limitations due to our limited resources (aka Programmers).

So, let the conversation begin!
--- Barb

Have a question? Check our FAQ's!
https://traplightgames.zendesk.com/

Comments

• Well, together forever was a confusing theme for me. I’ll love every lcc you make. ;)
  • I take part because of the enjoyment and fun it gives to players as well as myself being challenged to create something new and of great quality and aesthetics. I get motivated to continue creating even better levels. :)

Maybe there should be winners for 1-2 star creators as well. So maybe there should be a wider selection of around 20-25 winners. This will sustain the encouragement for players to take part in these challenges as there is a higher chance of being chosen.

There are over 1 million players so there shouldn’t be only 5-10 winners. In my opinion, the in-game announcement of the LCC should incorporate the number of possible winners.

The themes are good and are interesting to make as level creations. I also believe that high rewards (prizes) gives a boost of participation. This had been mentioned a few times in the Global Chat.
    :)
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

!!Create, Race and Mega Like!!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117450358425415387412
  • Are the LCCs going along with the themes for the hats?

Anglerfish Hat: Haunted House LCC
    Reindeer Hat: Toy Factory LCC
    Pink Cowboy Hat: Together Forever LCC

...Is the next LCC Fantasy themed?
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• LCC's are very fun. I think players would make more LCC levels with more winners. Also get a automatic prize if they make a LCC level, and also if it can say on there profile: LCC winner. Every LCC you win you get another LCC star. (Like by getting star's from likes). Also if you can get game gear that you can only get from wining. Example: a CC enforcer that can make your car Glide for the level you put the enforcer in. These are just examples of what I think can make more people make levels for LCC'S.

Completely incidental, but woah, that was cool, maybe we should ;)
    We would have to find a real twist .....

wait... actually in a way..... the next one is... omg! that is weird!!

Then definitively we need to keep the trend :)
    --- Barb

• > @Barb said:
    > Are the LCCs going along with the themes for the hats?
    >
    > Anglerfish Hat: Haunted House LCC
    > Reindeer Hat: Toy Factory LCC
    > Pink Cowboy Hat: Together Forever LCC
    >
    > ...Is the next LCC Fantasy themed?
    >
    > Completely incidental, but woah, that was cool, maybe we should ;)
    > We would have to find a real twist .....
    >
    > wait... actually in a way..... the next one is... omg! that is weird!!
    >
    > Then definitively we need to keep the trend :)

Lolllllll
  • edited March 21
    @Barb :astonished: ;) Strange yet wonderful! Who comes up with the LCC themes in your Traplight Team?
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• @Barb :astonished: ;) Strange yet wonderful! Who comes up with the LCC themes in your Traplight Team?

Usually me, I know the last one was so broad, but I wanted to keep it as open as possible since it was Racing levels, and I know they have a challenge on their own. I wanted to give the most flexibility in the theme so people could concentrate on flow. Did it made sense?
    --- Barb

• Yes it does @Barb :) :+1:
    BBR Follow:

SIMRANJEET L. @c5ue0

• I take part because of the enjoyment and fun it gives to players as well as myself being challenged to create something new and of great quality and aesthetics. I get motivated to continue creating even better levels. :)

Maybe there should be winners for 1-2 star creators as well. So maybe there should be a wider selection of around 20-25 winners. This will sustain the encouragement for players to take part in these challenges as there is a higher chance of being chosen.

There are over 1 million players so there shouldn’t be only 5-10 winners. In my opinion, the in-game announcement of the LCC should incorporate the number of possible winners.

The themes are good and are interesting to make as level creations. I also believe that high rewards (prizes) gives a boost of participation. This had been mentioned a few times in the Global Chat.
    :)

First off, excellent ideas and thoughts, *clap, clap,* I do agree about having winners for each creator level such as fledgling —> acknowledged, and advanced+ or something, also the prizes should be bigger for upper tiers (no tournament for an aknowkedged winner, maybe a prize of 500 - 2000 gems for first)

Also another thought is that usually the report is that “it was nearly impossible to choose a winner” or some similar statement, so perhaps if not a winner everyone could be granted a participation prize for trying (such as 50 - 100 gems for everyone, regardless of rank)
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)
  • Barb said:

Are the LCCs going along with the themes for the hats?

Completely incidental, but woah, that was cool, maybe we should ;)
    We would have to find a real twist .....

wait... actually in a way..... the next one is... omg! that is weird!!

Then definitively we need to keep the trend :)
    Hmmm... so a clue... a fantasy thing through would be epic, I wonder who he winner would be and what the level would look like... !
    •Follow me in BBR, tag:@dqvdp(in game)•Let's play BBR!-play my levels & give me tips too•Advanced creator(1/2 to veteran)

You forgot time travel LCC (by DeJotaCDI) but we all know that that one is the time travel hat... my fav hat lol. To bad I wasn’t around then... :( also congrats for making a nice hat Dejota!
  • Hopefully the new lcc coming really soon
  • Yeah.... I wish there was an LCC but without the pro creators, like s little competition between the others.
    Eat My Dust, packid851
    Yes, that is my Big Bang Racing username
  • I would love it if we could win some powerful enforcers. I think it would be cool to have a different winner for three star creators or less, and a winner for four star creators or more.
  • Doctor said:

I would love it if we could win some powerful enforcers. I think it would be cool to have a different winner for three star creators or less, and a winner for four star creators or more.

Well, to expand on that idea, how about a winner for 2 stars, a winner for 3 stars a winner for 4,5,6 stars

Prizes would be different for each of the ranks as such (this is an example of how prizes might work

2 star - 1000 gems
    3 star - 1 day tournament
    4,5,6 stars - 2/3 day tournament & 500 gems
  • Doctor said:

I would love it if we could win some powerful enforcers. I think it would be cool to have a different winner for three star creators or less, and a winner for four star creators or more.

Well, to expand on that idea, how about a winner for 2 stars, a winner for 3 stars a winner for 4,5,6 stars

Prizes would be different for each of the ranks as such (this is an example of how prizes might work

2 star - 1000 gems
    3 star - 1 day tournament
    4,5,6 stars - 2/3 day tournament & 500 gems
    The thing is what about the good lower creators? If they had a great level that was better than 4,5 or six stars they wouldn’t get the same prize. I like the idea but Mabey not the prize part...
  • Also Barb I think what makes most people ( or at least me ) want to participate in the lcc’s is the chance of getting your own tournament! That is like a dream come true for some poeple ( again it is for me at least ) but I like how you do adventure AND racing for the same category